DR's 1st mock draft (2 Viewers)

I really think you missed on this mock but the draft is still a long ways away so make another one about a week before.

5. Kansas City Chiefs, Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB, Ohio State
doesn't fit. unless te trade JA then..... maybe, but they REALLY need two Offensive Tackle.
6. New York Jets, Glen Dorsey, DT, LSU
horrible they have a dorsey type guy in Robertson why draft another one?
8. Baltimore Ravens, Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois
Willis is the man and this team needs to much to spend a top 10 pick on a splitting time RB. (I wouldn't be suprised to see River go here and no one is really saying that one)
11. Buffalo Bills, Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
They better get offense or Dick will be looking for a new job sooner then later.
12. Denver Broncos, Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State
I like this pick just not sure if broncos will pull the trigger I could see them reaching for someone here like Balmer or Phillips
13. Carolina Panthers, Malcom Kelly, WR, Oklahoma
Don't see them going WR with Jarrett in the wings along with MM, SS, and Hackett.
16. Arizona Cardinals, Keith Rivers, OLB, USC
They need Oline help not sure who they could get here but don't see LB being a huge hole I see oline or RB. (maybe a young CB or S here too before LB)
18. Houston Texans, Felix Jones, RB, Arkansa
not a bad pick but I just don't see them going Jones I see them making a strong run at Shaun Alexander.
19. Philadelphia Eagles, Devin Thomas, WR/KR, Michigan State
ahead of Limas Sweed? naw.
20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
I think they have more holes to fill then WR like an aging defense...
26. Jacksonville Jaguars, Calaise Campbell, DE, Miami
I love this pick and I think he will be moved inside in a year when he blows up to 325lbs and a great replacement for Stroud,
27. San Diego Chargers, Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas
no need at CB they picked Paul Oliver in the sup. draft last year as a #3 CB a first round pick on a #4 CB?
28. Dallas Cowboys, Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech
cover two CB don't work in their system ask A. Henry.
29. San Francisco 49'ers, Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn
Just paid huge money to Smith I see them going young WR to learn from Bruce. I think Devin Thomas would be perfect here.
30. Green Bay Packers, Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina
no need for DT they have like 4 already thats why they traded Cory Williams
31. New York Giants, Dan Connor, LB, Penn St.
just want to say I LOVE this pick for the Giants

I really think you missed on this mock but the draft is still a long ways away so make another one about a week before.

That's why it is a 1st mock. I'm trying to still get it in my head with team needs and bpa at their spots. I will continue to refine my mock until close to draft day.

Interesting because there will be some unexpected moves, but Jonathan Stewart would be such a huge risk and not needed in Dallas until his toe surgery success is determined. That is an injury that rightfully scares every team about its impact on a RB. Stewart is probably mid second round value right now and may move back up once his results are known. Felix to Houston? does not make real sense for what they need, find a team in need of a stud returner with RB and slot potential and then you have a team that needs Felix Jones. Limas Sweed is the hot name in WR and will zoom up the board on draft day because of his size. Titans really, really want him and could move up to get him. They stayed quiet in FA market despite their need for WR because they know their man and want Sweed a lot.

Brohm that early in the first is too much of a reach but you did pick a team with a need for a QB. Grossman in college vs Brohm in college, the similarity should scare the Bears away. How about Bears and Culpepper? if that happens then obviously the mocks will have to change. I think you have it right because only the Dolphins can have a clear cut absolute idea of what will happen on draft day and they are going to milk it for all it is worth because they have so damn many needs and Parcells running the ship.

That's why it is a 1st mock. I'm trying to still get it in my head with team needs and bpa at their spots. I will continue to refine my mock until close to draft day.

Can't wait to see your next one! You know I have made respect for your opinion DR!

one thing I liked about your mock draft is you didn't make the same picks as other mock draft. I think I will make one tonight,

I think KC has to go O Line. I don't see them picking up Gholston while Jared Allen still has a few years.

Allen only has on year left... Franchised. and he said he would not be back with the Chiefs after this year. I really see them going with Clady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom