DT Jaleel Johnson cut (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
This is interesting. I thought he had a good shot at making the team, especially since he was the only true nose tackle other than Tuttle. I know he was injured the last few days.

You don't hear much about the big guys in the middle in camp. Their job isn't sexy so it doesn't get mentioned much. The beat writers focus on the flashy positions in their analysis and updates from camp. But the middle of your line is extremely critical to the LBs ability to flow in the run game. Hopefully they are seeing something from the others that made this cut possible.

I'm thinking Onyemata, Tuttle and Street are locks at this point, so it's gonna come down to the rookie, Jackson or Roach or Huggins in my opinion. I only see one DT spot open, I believe they will carry the same 5 DEs from last year's roster.

Anyone has the cut dates ? Since we only have 3 preseason games now
The NFL cut-down dates and their quotas for 2022 are as follows:

• August 16: 90 to 85 players
  • August 23: 85 to 80 players
  • August 30: 80 to 53 players
The deadline for cuts is 4 p.m. ET on each date.

Those dates coincide with each of the three weeks of preseason games.

He was signed during the free agent period when additions and substractions matter (net gains and losses), but he didn't last through camp. A part of the compensatory pick decision is based on playing time and the contribution the new addition makes to the team.
The team signed Sorensen, Maye, Street, Dalton and Johnson (5 players)
and lost Williams, Montgomery, Armstead and Siemian (4 players).
Assuming all four players lost stick to their new rosters, the team is now even in regards to net gains and losses.

Last edited:
He was signed during the free agent period when additions and substractions matter, and he didn't last through camp. A part of the compensatory pick decision is based on playing time and the contribution the new addition makes to the team.
I do not think his contract was enough to be considered in the calculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom