DT Malcolm Roach re-signed to one-year deal (1 Viewer)

No it’s reported he wanted a longer for more money, so he tested the market. When he came back that longer deal was given to our other two DTs. So we only offered a 1 year.
I know what he wanted and I know what we offered, that’s why I mentioned that the two year offer we made may have been light on guarantees, so his agent negotiated for a one year deal so Roach would have an out if he plays well.

Gotcha! Makes sense! It's sad that DE is still on the list after so many first round picks have been invested in to the position in the last few years.

It's frustrating because Turner has shown some flashes. He had a multi-sack game and made some nice plays in run defense before his leg/ankle got rolled up on.

Personally I think it's a year too early to give up on him and we already have 4 DE's locked into the depth chart. If a DE is clearly ranked higher than others then draft him but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one just yet.

It's frustrating because Turner has shown some flashes. He had a multi-sack game and made some nice plays in run defense before his leg/ankle got rolled up on.

Personally I think it's a year too early to give up on him and we already have 4 DE's locked into the depth chart. If a DE is clearly ranked higher than others then draft him but I wouldn't go out of my way to get one just yet.
The Saints still have to invest in the DE/DT. Granderson and Turner will get their chance this year to show what they can do but the Saints have to have an eye toward the future since Granderson is not signed long term and Turner is still on his rookie deal and Jordan contract is coming to an end.

I agree on Turner, he gets pressure on the QB when he gets on the field. Fans tend to only remember sacks, but sacks tend to track pretty well with pressures over the long run (about one sack for every seven pressures).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom