DT Rankins needs a lot of refining (1 Viewer)

ADijuvf.png

https://twitter.com/Andy_Benoit/status/797118446626435074

C'mon, 98. Benoit does multiple film studies every week on Twitter. He had over 30 tweets discussing what he saw on film from our game last week. Don't just pick a single one to post.

I got the impression that the guy was being sarcastic.

(Since Tapp is a 10 year vet, who just raved about Rankins after working with him all season, and now getting his feet wet after just coming off injury.)

its quite obvious ppl didn't read the very next sentence. Why so many ppl are in such a rush to be offended? It is really sad.

C'mon, 98. Benoit does multiple film studies every week on Twitter. He had over 30 tweets discussing what he saw on film from our game last week. Don't just pick a single one to post.

I think the issue is that it was Rankins first pro game ever and he couldn't practice since what, the first week of training camp. Of course he needs refinement. I mean, did he really inform anyone with that tweet?

I wouldn't over analyze Rankins first game back so much. I've had the exact same type of break low on the bone and while it was a relatively quick heal, I didn't practice for 5-6 weeks at all. It took a few games wearing a brace to start to feel like my old self and just to trust my body. I'm nowhere near the athlete of Rankins but you gotta temper expectations a few weeks, practicing and then playing an actual game are two entirely different things. All we've heard about is how refined Rankins is for a rookie and for this schmoe to say he's raw seems slightly off base. Let's give him 5-6 more games before labeling him as raw, let him get confident in his body and get the rookie jitters out

I took his meaning a little differently. Can it be possible that Benoit and Tapp are correct?

Rankings techniques can be fine or even great but maybe he is not deliberate and desicive on when and how to use them.

It is actually just a matter of shaking off the rust.;

I only posted that one cause it was the one that would garner the most discussion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom