DT Shaun Rogers (1 Viewer)

willbill

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
How many spots would Shaun Rogers move up the Detroit pick at 16. How about this scenario. The Lions trade us DT Shaun Rodgers and the 16th pick plus maybe an additional 4th rounder for the 10th pick overall. Is Shaun Rogers still a productive DT and would he come in and give us what we need at the position. If so does that trade make sense to you? With the 16th overall we could still address the CB position or LB with a player that can come in and start for us. They can pick up an OT or CB that is there primary needs. Don’t know how likely this is but just throwing it out there. Its all just speculation at this point but I wouldn’t mind something like this if Rogers is still a good player and would upgrade us at the position.

How many spots would Shaun Rogers move up the Detroit pick at 16. How about this scenario. The Lions trade us DT Shaun Rodgers and the 16th pick plus maybe an additional 4th rounder for the 10th pick overall. Is Shaun Rogers still a productive DT and would he come in and give us what we need at the position. If so does that trade make sense to you? With the 16th overall we could still address the CB position or LB with a player that can come in and start for us. They can pick up an OT or CB that is there primary needs. Don’t know how likely this is but just throwing it out there. Its all just speculation at this point but I wouldn’t mind something like this if Rogers is still a good player and would upgrade us at the position.

The best offer they got for him so far was supposedly a 4th rounder. No need to move back in the first rounder.

If you look at it from this point of view, there is no value for the Saints@10. Sedrick Ellis will be gone, if one of the top 5 CB's runs a 4.2x-4.3x 40 he'll be gone as well. I don't see Rivers or Connor being worth the 10th pick in the draft. We could get even more complicated and trade for Roy Williams as well. Swap first rounders and send them a 4th or something for Rogers and Williams:p

I don't understand why folks are so high on us trading for Shaun Rogers. We already have 2 big run-stuffing DTs in Thomas and Clancy. We need a quick DT who provide an effective pass rush up the middle. Bryan Young had provided this in 2006, but was hurt for most of 2007.

If you recall, part of the reason that the pass defense was so porous last year was lack of an effective pass rush, with nothing up the middle. If you have a DT than can provide push into the pocket, it forces the QB to scramble and allows the DEs to get sacks. This is part of the reason why the sack totals from Smith and Grant dropped significantly last year.

We should target a DT like Anthony McFarland or Sedrick Ellis/Glen Dorsey if we want to upgrade the DT position. An athletic WLB would also help the pass rush. Shanle was futile when he blitzed last year.

Shaun Rogers is so massive that he can plow right through a guard. I'm not saying that we don't need a 3-tech, we do, but there are no good ones in free agency and we're not gonna get one@10 in the draft. So we have to make due.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom