DT Trevor Laws [Notre Dame] (1 Viewer)

Conrad

Reaction score
This guy to me is screaming up draft boards and would not be bad for the Saints to look at. Laws was stronger [35/34] faster [5.08/5.25] and more productive [112 tac 4 sacks/58 tac 8.5 sacks] then Sedrick Ellis while having an identical build.

6'1"
306lbs.
35 [225 reps]
5.08 [40]

112 tackles 4 sacks

trevor-laws.jpg

Why are we not talking about this guy at 10, Mike Mayock said that he could not find a negative about him.

I have a feeling we will not stand put at pick #40. There will be alot of talent still left on the board and the saints might feal they could trade down a little bit and they might pick him up.

I said it before. I like Laws alot. I wanted him in the second, but I think he may have worked himself into the first round

Another DT that might creep into the first down, thus someone must creep out, probably a defensive player, and probably a corner.

This is good for us.

Lol, Laws is good, but he's no Dorsey or Ellis, I'm not a scout or GM, so I can't say why comparing stats don't make a player equal to another, but it doesn't, I think there impact is bigger than Laws, and that's harder to explain, cause that's from an overall aspect, not just sacks and tackles.

Lol, Laws is good, but he's no Dorsey or Ellis, I'm not a scout or GM, so I can't say why comparing stats don't make a player equal to another, but it doesn't, I think there impact is bigger than Laws, and that's harder to explain, cause that's from an overall aspect, not just sacks and tackles.

Why do you say that he is not Ellis or Dorsey? What is he missing?

I said after the Senior Bowl that I would love him in the 3rd because he and Ellis were by far the best DTs participating. Then he looked very impressive in the drills today so I think that if he is available late 2nd, we should trade up for him if we can't get Dorsey or Ellis in the first.

Let's not forget that the Notre Dame Defense spent A LOT of time on the field this past year. They got pulverized, so the tackles may be a bit misleading. If I catch 30 more fish than you, it sounds great....until you find out I spent twice as much time fishing as you ;)

What are the negatives with this guy compared to Dorsey or Ellis?

the only thing I am hearing against him is that he is too small to play anything but a three tech DT in a 4-3 scheme. Well, we need a 3 tech DT and we run a 4-3 so he sounds perfect to me.

I think at least one of the reasons is that Dorsey and Ellis are known not only for power but quickness - first step quickness. A forty yard dash doesn't measure the speed of a players "first step." Just like in BBall when a player has an extremely explosive first step he can get the defender off balance, or blow by him altogether.

yep, he had a stellar senior bowl too. i'd say the difference is where dorsey or ellis will overpower you. laws is more likely to squeeze around you. i really like him in the 2nd

I think at least one of the reasons is that Dorsey and Ellis are known not only for power but quickness - first step quickness. A forty yard dash doesn't measure the speed of a players "first step." Just like in BBall when a player has an extremely explosive first step he can get the defender off balance, or blow by him altogether.

Did you see Laws at the Senior Bowl he was as fast and explosive as Sedrick Ellis.

he was pretty quick for his size. He ran a decent cone drill and dominated some good offensive linemen at the senior bowl and his height disadvantage is actually a huge leverage advantage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom