DT Trevor Laws [Notre Dame] (1 Viewer)

Did you see Laws at the Senior Bowl he was as fast and explosive as Sedrick Ellis.

I really didn't get to see it, so if Laws strength and quickness are on par with Ellis it would seem he would have to be comparable to Ellis in his ability to use his hands.

I would love him in the 2nd but I feel we probably need to take a LB with that pick. If he fell to the third that would be great.

I LOVE IT!!! Thank you guys for noticing. I too have been a big fan of Laws. I'd love to see us move up into the lower quarter of the 1st RD to draft this kid. He has the best motor of all the DT's by far. He fits the bill of a Payton player too. If we cant get to Ellis or Glen, I'd love to see us deal ourselves into position to draft this man. Trev Laws is a player!

People put too much stock in the draft rankings. Just because someone is projected to go in the 2nd round doesn't mean they are necessarily inferior to a guy projected to go mid 1st round. There simply aren't enough spots for the all the talent. Some players will be ranked lower then they should just based on that. This guy probably fits that bill. In a weaker draft class he'd probably be a sure 1st rounder.

If you watch a USC game ,count how many times Ellis is getting double teamed. If he is there at #10 take him !!!!!!

Maybe we will be able to trade down and get an extra 2nd if Ryan falls, or One of the DEs shoots up the board.

He might be a good pick in the 2nd or 3rd round... probably will not last until the 3rd.

I would guess playing for a piss-poor Notre Dame defense and a Notre Dame team that stunk to high heaven played a large role in him having little recognition. Ellis and Dorsey played for two of the best teams in the country this year and both were defensive stars that led the charge.

Let's not forget that the Notre Dame Defense spent A LOT of time on the field this past year. They got pulverized, so the tackles may be a bit misleading. If I catch 30 more fish than you, it sounds great....until you find out I spent twice as much time fishing as you ;)

Excellent way of explaining it. Ummmm.....want to share with us your fishing hole?

Lol, Laws is good, but he's no Dorsey or Ellis, I'm not a scout or GM, so I can't say why comparing stats don't make a player equal to another, but it doesn't, I think there impact is bigger than Laws, and that's harder to explain, cause that's from an overall aspect, not just sacks and tackles.

I think that Laws could very well end up just as good as Dorsey or Ellis, just because he played on a terrible team this year doesn't mean he has less talent than the more noticed guys from higher BCS ranking schools in 07. All he does is impress if he is there in the 2nd at our pick I would take him or at least consider him strongly.

Why do you say that he is not Ellis or Dorsey? What is he missing?

Watch the games. Don't get caught up in this combine crap. Did you see the Senior Bowl or the BCS title game?

These guys dominate. Dorsey requires a double team and someimtes a triple team just to keep him half occupied.

Ellis is also a maniac. No one at the Senior Bowl could block him.

Can't we keep ANY secrets? If everyone will shut up, he just might be there in the second round!

Seriously, I do think we have a good shot at him in the 2nd (properly assuming we don't get the miracle of Dorsey or Ellis in the 1st). Yes, he's gotten some notice recently, but I don't think his stock has shot up any higher than where we are in the second. Before the senior Bowl, most mocks had him as a third to fourth rounder. I think his stock has gone up a little after the senior bowl and combine, but not that much.

And I did watch the Senior Bowl - twice. Laws did make some very nice plays and showed a good burst and strength, but he also got taken out pretty easily by the guard or center on some other plays. Not so with Ellis, who basically had to be double teamed every play and even then made plays anyway.
Laws is definitely not in the same category as Ellis and Dorsey, but he really isn't that far behind them and I think he will be very solid DT in the NFL. I'd be perfectly happy with him as our second rounder (if, as I said, the miracle doesn't occur in the 1st).

DT Trevor Laws did what he always does...made plays. Trevor had 6 tackles, a sack, and a fumble recovery. He was quick off the ball. Badly beat Robert Felton with a good spin move. The thing he did that impressed me most was take on double teams. Trevor got low and held his ground. He ate up blockers, but didn't get moved. That is impressive for a guy that "only" goes 297. Really helped himself this week.

Sedrick Ellis was the most dominant player in the game. He was constantly disrupting the South offense. Had one sack, which came in the endzone for a safety. The stat sheet doesn't tell you the impact Ellis had on the game.

http://scoutsnotebook.com/

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom