DTC asked me to post some pics of their current home build. (1 Viewer)

Actually looks kind of nice with a coat of paint and all.

360p

I built better tree houses with scrap wood when I was a kid. Not as big but much better quality.

At what point could you build something like that and decide it isn't worth putting more money into it? Better yet, how do you plan on building a 500 sq ft shed without at least a drill, skill saw, tape measure, level, square and at least a foundation, it could even be packed 610 limestone. This guy goes without any of those tools and builds it on a soggy and unlevel yard.

Any bets on whether the wood is treated?

Scoff if you must, but I for one admire a man who enthusiastically dives head first into that which he knows absolutely nothing about, consequences and disastrous results be damned!

Coincidentally, the above statement accurately applies to my own ability with women.

At what point could you build something like that and decide it isn't worth putting more money into it? Better yet, how do you plan on building a 500 sq ft shed without at least a drill, skill saw, tape measure, level, square and at least a foundation, it could even be packed 610 limestone. This guy goes without any of those tools and builds it on a soggy and unlevel yard.

According to the pictures it's regular untreated No 2 SPF.

It's being built about 20 miles north of here where TS force winds are common and in soil that makes LA/MS ground seem solid during the rainy season. I'm guessing a maximum moldy lifespan of 2 years.

It's being built about 20 miles north of here where TS force winds are common and in soil that makes LA/MS ground seem solid during the rainy season. I'm guessing a maximum moldy lifespan of 2 years.

Of course the 2x4's don't need to be treated. They are indoors. :hihi:

360p

I built better tree houses with scrap wood when I was a kid. Not as big but much better quality.

None of the wood looked treated and the osb in that floor system won't last 6 months in that environment. Basically, he wasted 2k worth of lumber and paint and I would be surprised if the whole thing doesn't collapse in the first big rain and wind event.

I hope there are time lapse updates.

2 years till it's flat on the ground or blown through every field in the area?

The way that guy was on it though, I'll bet he keeps fixing it for 20 years and by the time he dies it will be 3 stories high and cost him 100k.

I hope there are time lapse updates.

2 years till it's flat on the ground or blown through every field in the area?

The way that guy was on it though, I'll bet he keeps fixing it for 20 years and by the time he dies it will be 3 stories high and cost him 100k.

We are going into the dry season and might avoid major winds until next winter so it might last the summer without falling down.

I figure he has to keep fixing things after wasting so much time and money. Once the floor goes and everything sags I'm guessing he will put in a crawl space with his hand trowel and engineer a foundation out of landscape rock and glue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom