Due to an oversaturation of the QB market. Haskin and Murray are on course for an unprecendented fall. (1 Viewer)

Why do I feel like some of the same criticisms against Murray's size and physical limitations is same similar crap I heard 30 years ago or more against Doug Flutie after he had won the Heisman Trophy in 1984 and despite being a winning QB in relief for the Bears and Patriots, he was never really given a fair chance at the starting QB spot in New England in the late 80's. He made a aging, declining Pats teams in the late 80's look halfway decent at times and if he'd had the full support of Raymond Berry, the Pats-then ownership and FO, he might've achieved more success in the NFL then what he did a decade later with the Bills in late 90's. And even then, some elements of their organization weren't sold on him and pressured Wade Phillips to start an unproven backup QB in Doug Johnson in a playoff game that even ex-Bills legends and HC Wade Phillips have said since the outcome would've been different if Flutie had started. I don't want Kyler have to endure the same sort of silly, stupid generalizations Flutie dealt with over the course of his career and damaged it.

I can imagine, with a lot of hard work, focus, determination and a good QB coach and OC, Murray developing into a Pro-Bowl caliber QB. He reminds me a little of a younger Russell Wilson, he shares some same basic fundamentals like agility, maneuverability, and a strong arm. I've also seen a penchant for him making things happen out of broken plays in-games. He could develop into another Mahomes or just another bust, but at least give him a halfway decent shot.

And Flutie was doing decent late in his career in San Diego, until he got beat out by some kid from Purdue.

Haskins might fall, Murray will not fall at all--------------------Dr. Seuss.

I could see a team moving up to take a QB. Redskins, Bengals, Bucs maybe

I dunno Murray looks a lot like someone I'd play Madden with haha. Drew Brees looks like a bodybuilder in comparison. CB's can't wait to go head up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom