duece the bruiser (1 Viewer)

What makes you think that?

b/c our defense sucks and can't cause turnovers thats why?

because when Horn retires after this yr, which most likely he will, who going to be our #2 wr. I'm hoping colston can keep his cool.

Also, please don't say devery henderson because the man is average at best. Don't let the stats fool you vs the bengals

could the knee injury be the cause he has slowed down? Deuce can take it to the house with the best of them.

oh man ! i hate some of your comments , i love deuce , he is a top 5 RB , better than alexander better than larry johnson , better than jammal lewis etc. he is the best bruiser RB starting in the nfl

a little biased are we?

Deuce and LT are 2 totally different backs. I'd say in the future, Reggie would be more of a mold like LT.

a little biased are we?

Deuce and LT are 2 totally different backs. I'd say in the future, Reggie would be more of a mold like LT.

bush will never be the mold of a LT, atleast LT or any other rb knows how to not fall down when he runs.

bush is a glorifed 3rd down back for over 50 mil dollars, what a lucky man he is

I just hope Reggie never reads this board. He is afterall a rookie. A runningback that has done the things he has done does not just forget how to run. It is just taking him some time to adjust to the NFL. Every first round pick is not gonna come in and light the NFL on fire thier first year. As of matter of fact, I think when a runningback comes in and excels in his first year it is more luck than anything. Why are we so quick to give qb's years to adjust but not our runningback?

I just hope Reggie never reads this board. He is afterall a rookie. A runningback that has done the things he has done does not just forget how to run. It is just taking him some time to adjust to the NFL. Every first round pick is not gonna come in and light the NFL on fire thier first year. As of matter of fact, I think when a runningback comes in and excels in his first year it is more luck than anything. Why are we so quick to give qb's years to adjust but not our runningback?

you know he will become the next "great" player but MOST of the people dont
want to admit it.

why we give qb's type to adjust? maybe because the qb's has total control over the offense mostly. His decision are the outcome of the game.

Runningbacks are based on instincts. Reggie not running in the Pac-10 anymore with his 3.0 ypc. Plus he doesnt have the body to be a full time running back in the NFL. (Don't use the Dunn comparison b/c look at dunn's body compare to bush. Bush has no legs on him)

deuce is a very good back,perhaps i'm just nitpicking, but I wonder if there is still any flash with the thunder. Maybe the knee isn't quite 100 percent, but he used to run away from guys a few years ago, didn't he, has that changed, if so, when? if not, much ado I suppose.

Deuce is just coming off of major knee surgery and is in the first year of recovery and most backs take two years to come back fully from that type of injury and this year Deuce has a lot of his speed back and is still powerful, I think that next year he will get more of his speed back and play even better than he is so far this year.

If everyone here is looking for a comparison to Deuce's running style...........look no further than Eddie George in his prime. They are almost mirror images of each other with their bruising running styles. They both could take it to the house on any given play.

If everyone here is looking for a comparison to Deuce's running style...........look no further than Eddie George in his prime. They are almost mirror images of each other with their bruising running styles. They both could take it to the house on any given play.

And they both wore down fast!

I think it has to do with their strides. They are both long striders which makes it hard for them to cut quickly, so once their speed goes they have nothing to offer other than short yardage. Conversly, look at Bettis, he lost his speed but was still very affective because of his quick feet, which is also why he was a great short yardage back and Deuce isn't.....different topic.

Deuce needs Reggie, right now, as much as Reggie needs Deuce. It is a perfect marriage............now if all of the fans would realize this, it would stop some of the bickering about Deuces carries.

Deuce is in Cautious mode, let the man Fully Recover, i've seen him reach speeds as fast as he used to be in that Monday night football game and against Tampa in the first game.
He's better when his team is actually blocking for him or when he know he can bust through a Weak Defense.

I just hope Reggie never reads this board. He is afterall a rookie. A runningback that has done the things he has done does not just forget how to run. It is just taking him some time to adjust to the NFL. Every first round pick is not gonna come in and light the NFL on fire thier first year. As of matter of fact, (???)I think when a runningback comes in and excels in his first year it is more luck than anything.(???) Why are we so quick to give qb's years to adjust but not our runningback?

Wasn't Reggie Bush the can't-miss, once-a-decade, holy-crap-pro-football-franchise-of-Houston-what-were-you-collectively-thinking, instant-impact, already-rookie-of-the-year, next-sayers-sanders-faulk-combined, pay-him-whatever-he-wants, savior-of-new-orleans-football guy back in April and all through training camp and preseason?

I'm not saying it's wrong for him to be coming along as slowly as he has, because I wanted to see him be a consistent, solid contributor to the team as well even if that didn't entail lighting the NFL on fire. What's wrong is how the fan response has gone from the above, gratuitiously-hyphened level of sentiment to "oh, he's just a rookie, pretend we never said that."

I appreciate that he's essentially learning two different positions, RB and WR, especially since WRs tend to take the longest to develop. I also understand well the big play potential that he has - I know I can't wait to see him break a big one on a defense (not a well-blocked special teams unit, though that was thrilling too) seemingly out of nowhere. The pill I'm having a hard time swallowing is the built-in excuse that I just KNEW would be exploited by Pollyanna/apologist fans if he were to struggle early, especially with these exact same fans (more or less) and THEIR insane prognostications just a few months prior.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom