duece the bruiser (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
remember when duece had the speed to take it to the house. Duece can still get ya 5-10 yards a pop, but It is suprising how quickly he has turned into a plodder in the minds of many. Don't get me wrong, he sees the holes well, first things first, but It would be nice to see duece hit a sixty yarder againt the birds(like he did his rookie year.) no, don't trade him, don't bench him.

He still has most of the speed, he just hasn't been able to show it much yet.

remember when duece had the speed to take it to the house. Duece can still get ya 5-10 yards a pop, but It is suprising how quickly he has turned into a plodder in the minds of many. Don't get me wrong, he sees the holes well, first things first, but It would be nice to see duece hit a sixty yarder againt the birds(like he did his rookie year.) no, don't trade him, don't bench him.

Who's Duece?

In 2002 deuce was of an LT type mold. At THAT TIME, he was worth the contract they he got in 2005.

Deuce speed is much slower. He dont have the speed he used to.

Comment better suited to last year. Thought Deuce showed more of an explosive burst earlier this season than he did last year before the injury an even more than the year before last. I don't know why he isn't getting more touches. Have been playing from behind some. Also trying to work Reggie into the running game. But if I was Payton, I'd feature Deuce against Atlanta, and work Bush more in the passing game, split wide and on third downs.

Deuce is good but he is not LT and never was.

i guess u never watch deuce play in 2003

You could never tackle him with leg tackles. and btw I never wanted saints to draft bush, I wanted draft picks b/c this team is a long way from being contenders

Last edited:
I agree Deuce was real good in 03', but I just think LT is better than good.

Back when Deuce entered the league, he was 219 lbs. He played at or near that weight until the conclusion of the 2003 season, when Hazbeen suggested that Deuce put on more weight. If you'll remember, we lost Terrelle Smith after the 2003 season, and Hazbeen's plan was to play a 1-back, 2-TE, 2-WR base set. Deuce entered the 2004 season at 232 lbs. and while the play in the San Fran game ultimately was less of a weight issue and more of a bad circumstance one, you can see that in general that the extra weight is impacting his speed, burst, and cuts, and the only gain we got from it was marginally better tackle breaking (Deuce was already a functional power runner when he needed to be that). He entered 2005 still over 230 despite our having broken in Mike Karney, and another knee problem got to him. The injuries were unfortunate, but I think that at a slimmer weight, he'll gain back plenty of that burst and cutting ability.

He hit a 57 yarder ahaicy the bucks this year so he still has it, ice seen him an I'm sure some of you have, bust a couple nice runs were you saw speed but got tripped up before he breaks open whether it be just a 6 or 7yrd gain you think he's gonna but out cause he is playin faster.

oh man ! i hate some of your comments , i love deuce , he is a top 5 RB , better than alexander better than larry johnson , better than jammal lewis etc. he is the best bruiser RB starting in the nfl

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom