Dumbest traditions or rules in sports (1 Viewer)

Televised boxing weigh ins

Why???

Especially for heavyweights that don't have any requirements

Why do NFL players have to announce their college during player intros?

Drew has been playing in the pros for 19 years and yet he still has to say "Drew Brees, Purdue Boilermakers"

He's been out of Purdue longer than his age when he got there

Give the players time to celebrate

I'm a QB, we just had a huge win, I had a great game but instead of being with my teammates for the initial few minutes I have to stand here and talk to Michele Tafoya

Having an NFL roster of 53 but only allowing 46 to play (7 inactivates)? They pay everyone but limit those that can play to 46. Stupid IMO

Practice Squad is dumb also. Just increase the rosters for crying out loud.

I've never been a fan of the offense kneeling down at the end of the game, especially if they are only up by a touchdown or less

Anything could happen, bad snap, fumble

The game is 60 minutes long not 58

Run a play
But if you run a play you still have to snap the ball. And running a play greatly increases the chances of something going wrong.

Give the players time to celebrate

I'm a QB, we just had a huge win, I had a great game but instead of being with my teammates for the initial few minutes I have to stand here and talk to Michele Tafoya
any and all sideline interviews need to be gone
they're completely worthless

But if you run a play you still have to snap the ball. And running a play greatly increases the chances of something going wrong.

I know that's the whole point

If the offense is up by 20 that's one thing

But just a field goal?

The defense deserves a chance to try to force a turnover

When a QB snaps the ball quickly and intentionally throws it into the grown it’s not intentional but when he takes the snap and throws while under pressure and it doesn’t reach the line it’s intentional grounding...

When a QB snaps the ball quickly and intentionally throws it into the grown it’s not intentional but when he takes the snap and throws while under pressure and it doesn’t reach the line it’s intentional grounding...
?? stopping the clock and avoiding a sack are different things

I know that's the whole point

If the offense is up by 20 that's one thing

But just a field goal?

The defense deserves a chance to try to force a turnover
Oh ok, I got you now. I thought you were saying it didn't make sense for the offense

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom