Dumervil RELEASED after Broncos fail to file new contract in time - Schefter (1 Viewer)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Elvis Dumervil would have to wait five days from the time he terminates his agent to hire a new one. It's the NFLPA rules. Saga continues.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/313036505012649984">March 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Elvis Dumervil's former agent also has right to waive five-day waiting period for his former client to hire new agent.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/313038430089117696">March 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The Baltimore Sun reports free agent Elvis Dumervil is "firmly" on the Ravens' radar and they intend to meet with him next week.
Dumervil, cut Friday in a fax snafu, is the top free agent left on the 2013 market. Dumervil played 3-4 outside linebacker for Josh McDaniels in 2009 and led the NFL with 17 sacks, also forcing four fumbles en route to first-team All-Pro honors. After "losing" Dannell Ellerbe to the Dolphins at a price GM Ozzie Newsome never would have paid, Baltimore has some cap space to play with. Dumervil could be an upgrade on Paul Kruger opposite Terrell Suggs.

Well there is at least one intelligent team out there. God that would suck, T-sizzle and Dumervil.

Is there any possible way or what can we do to make a 6-8M cap room for Doom?

I dunno. I know a lot of Broncos fans are actually glad to see him go. They say that most of his sacks came in garbage time, and he's terrible against the run.

If the FO wants him I'm fine with it of course...but I hope we don't break the bank.

I personally think Junior can be as good of a pass rusher as Elvis and better in the running game. If we were going to spend that type of money on a player I'd rather it be on a safety.

I personally think Junior can be as good of a pass rusher as Elvis and better in the running game. If we were going to spend that type of money on a player I'd rather it be on a safety.

I have a ton of hope for Gallette and think he will do well. However, he has done nothing yet to indicate that he can be as at a level such as Dumerville.

USA Today article - at least 4 teams are interested, but Dumervil would like to stay in Denver if it's possible.

it would be almost impossible for him to stay in denver.....unless he plays for like 3 mill...

by cutting him, denver took a cap hit accelerated to this year which was smaller thna his 13 mill hit they would've taken had he not restructured...but stilll the cap hit means that if they now pay him 7 mill they would have a larger cap hit.....

unless they sign him to a multiyear deal but all thought should've been done by now if there wasn't reservations by both sides....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom