Duncan: (Insert Absurd Draft Idea Here) (1 Viewer)

I'd love to see him as a Saint, but I'm afraid that would be setting him up to fail. He needs to get away from NOLA and the crowd of people who influence him to make poor decisions. If he goes to a team with a solid core of veterans like Arizona, Baltimore, New England, San Fran, etc. he's doing to do well for himself.

I'd love to see him as a Saint, but I'm afraid that would be setting him up to fail. He needs to get away from NOLA and the crowd of people who influence him to make poor decisions. If he goes to a team with a solid core of veterans like Arizona, Baltimore, New England, San Fran, etc. he's doing to do well for himself.

I agree with that too. He needs to move away, and needs to do it as a low enough draft pick that he can't easily take his "friends" with him.

I agree with Duncan in regards to us taking slightly more risks on questionable character guys. We have enough veterans in our locker room that that shouldn't be an issue. So, it could be plausible that if we did draft Mathieu we would have a great support structure in place to keep him grounded.

Hi, I'm Jeff Duncan. I will always propose whatever angers as many Saints fans as possible and vehemently defend it.

And I'm totally pulling for Mathieu.

It's just weed. I know this wont be popular, but it's just weed

I don't even really care about that so much as the fact that he's tiny. It's cute to list a bunch of undersized CBs that are exceptions to the rule, but please, someone find me a 5'8 safety outside of Bob Sanders (whose career basically ended due to injuries and was 20+ lbs heavier)

I mean he mentions Sammy Knight, Sammy Knight was friggin 6'1 210+.

Mathieu is tiny. Maybe you can use him as a special teamer guy/nickel back?

That's back of the draft territory. Sorry.

I cant even deny Mathieu's uncanny ability to get his hands on the football as often as he does, as a defender. Its almost absurd at how good he is at it. Its like his very own 6th sense.

I mean he mentions Sammy Knight, Sammy Knight was friggin 6'1 210+.

Mathieu is tiny. Maybe you can use him as a special teamer guy/nickel back?

That's back of the draft territory. Sorry.

I don't think he'd be much more than a nickel slot corner and punt returner. He was never a shut down corner but always made things happen.

It's really not. It's the ability to throw away a career/millions and let down your coaches, your teammates, and yourself for just weed. It's a serious malfunction of decision making and maturity. No one really cares about the weed.

It's really not. It's the ability to throw away a career/millions and let down your coaches, your teammates, and yourself for just weed. It's a serious malfunction of decision making and maturity. No one really cares about the weed.

I care about the weed.

I'm not sure that crowd is in New Orleans as much as it us in Baton Rouge. In New Orleans, at least he would have his family and the support of some of the people at St. Aug who kept him clean in high school. And I've talked to at least one St. Aug grad that knew him growing up he thinks he is a good kid under it all. Matthieu isn't the first Tiger to spend too much time at Bogie's.

It's not the "what" of what he did, it's the "why," that's the problem. In the long run weed is no big deal. It's the fact that he didn't learn his lesson after what happened that's the issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom