Duncan: Terron Armstead is most intriguing and important rookie on Saints roster (1 Viewer)

LT may, or may not be as impt to payton/brees as other coach/qb combos, but common sense says experience and continuity are important to them. Just wait until a load of drive-killing false starts come rolling in, we may find ourselves all dreamy-eyed and sentimental about bushrod.

I do have a really good feeling about Armstead though. :)

I've said this in another thread a few days ago, but I think its worth mentioning here. Does anyone think that Armstead could be the heir apparent to fill in at guard whenever either Evans' or Grubs' contract is up? IIRC Nicks and Evans were tackles in college and the Saints transitioned them to guards. Plus, the guy is fast and nimble for his size, which would help if he had to pull on plays. Wherever he ends up playing, I hope he makes a huge impact.
I do. He has the speed and size to easily play a pulling guard. It was a great pick.

I refuse to click that link. Does this guy even watch the games? Does he think if he's misinformed about the Saints like a national writer that he will get a job as a national writer?

LT may, or may not be as impt to payton/brees as other coach/qb combos, but common sense says experience and continuity are important to them. Just wait until a load of drive-killing false starts come rolling in, we may find ourselves all dreamy-eyed and sentimental about bushrod.

Are you serious? Bushrod was a false start waiting to happen. Nobody , but nobody false started more than Bushrod.

Are you serious? Bushrod was a false start waiting to happen. Nobody , but nobody false started more than Bushrod.
yep, i'm serious. it's kind of looking like whoever starts there could have less experience than bushrod, and could very easily be worse this year.

Bushrod had his fair share of penalties. I remember one drive where he had like 2 or 3 in a row.

I not convinced this is a true statement.

Do any of us have any hard evidence that we actually value OG's more than OT's?

Since SP has arrived we have always made sure the offensive line was solid.

Since SP has arrived we have drafted 5 OT's, 4 OG's, and 1 C.

Since SP has arrived we've let go of two OT's only due to injury and we have re-signed/extended two OT's (Bushrod and Strief)

Since SP has arrived we've let Two Centers and One Guard leave for more money and we extended one OG and signed on FA OG.

As it stands, we've only currently spent big money on our two OG's. That's because one was rewarded for being a great player and teammate that we drafted and the other because he was out there.

Currently SP made mention that OT was an area he was concerned about, but most of the LT's on the market are either too expensive or have some questionmark with them (Long - Medical, McKinnie - weight).

Just because we haven't acted desperate at the OT spots doesn't mean they aren't valued. Our LT is still facing the best pass rushers and they have to be reliable.

I think it's fairly obvious if you watch the games. The key is the center of the line not allowing a push up the middle, giving Brees room to step up and avoid the outside rush and deliver the ball. All the tackles have to do is slow down the ends and force them to the outside. We make sure that we have pro-bowl caliber guards and pay them as such. Not so much for the tackles. Just about the only time the end gets to Drew is if he is able to bull rush through our tackles or unless Drew has trouble finding an open receiver.

Poor Jeff.....guess the call from his new "buddies" at CBS Sports never came. Oh well, maybe he can continue his hard-hitting look into the Saints Super Fans this year, or maybe an expose of the Gameday Best Dressed Pets

I couldn't even get past his first sentence. Still talking like we're the Aint's. Someone fire this bitter ***** already!

Thanks for saving me the trouble of hitting the link. One of the other "few things the Saints got right" was, um, . . . oh yeah, win a Super Bowl. :covri:

Jeff Duncan shouldn't be allowed to discuss Saints football or comment anymore. JD should be shuttled off to the Homes and Gardens section of the TP. Jeff Duncan's opinion has no relevence to Saints fans

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom