Dunk Contest? (1 Viewer)

CrazyWhoDat

WHO DAT!!!
Reaction score
Back in METRY via Jacksonville via METRY via Atlan
Can someone please tell me why we can't have players like Kobe, Vince, LeBron in the dunk contest against each other? I mean im not saying its not gonna be good but how awesome would it be to see the guys I mentioned against each other, the only one in tonights game most people know about it Howard.

Isn't Kobe hurt?

There's really no incentive for the stars to do it anymore. It was most popular when creativity was expressed individually, but there's only so many ways to dunk a basketball. Once they've all been seen, it's kinda like a repeat. Nobody wants to be a part of that really.

I'll tell you why. Because it wouldn't have mattered. Dwight was RIDICULOUS tonight. Every one of his dunks were epic. No one could have topped him.

I guess Im the only one who thinks recent contests, including this one, are terrible. Lame props like nerf hoops and cupcakes? I mean, come on. As if putting on a super man costume makes a dunk that has been out done many times in past contests all of a sudden great. Man I miss the days of Jordan and D Wilkins going back and forth with a Spud Webb thrown in here and there. Jordan from the free throw line>guy in superman costume.

I guess Im the only one who thinks recent contests, including this one, are terrible. Lame props like nerf hoops and cupcakes? I mean, come on. As if putting on a super man costume makes a dunk that has been out done many times in past contests all of a sudden great. Man I miss the days of Jordan and D Wilkins going back and forth with a Spud Webb thrown in here and there. Jordan from the free throw line>guy in superman costume.

I want you to tell me when you have ever seen a guy have to catch the ball being thrown over the backboard from another player behind the backboard and caught 1 handed in mid air and throwndown.

Or when a guy slams it off the back of the backboard and dunks with his whole body behind the backboard still. Not to mention the fact that you can see his head clearly behind the glass looking at the rim.

No to mention a guy do a hard dunk barefoot on hardwood floor in his socks. That dunk was so awsome when vince did it a few years ago. Now it's nothing even though a guy does it in is socks.

Please man, pay attention to detail before you say it's all been done before. It has been a while since i have been able to watch the dunk contest and end up with a big smile on my face from the participants putting the time and effort they did last night.

eric

I want you to tell me when you have ever seen a guy have to catch the ball being thrown over the backboard from another player behind the backboard and caught 1 handed in mid air and throwndown.

Or when a guy slams it off the back of the backboard and dunks with his whole body behind the backboard still. Not to mention the fact that you can see his head clearly behind the glass looking at the rim.

No to mention a guy do a hard dunk barefoot on hardwood floor in his socks. That dunk was so awsome when vince did it a few years ago. Now it's nothing even though a guy does it in is socks.

Please man, pay attention to detail before you say it's all been done before. It has been a while since i have been able to watch the dunk contest and end up with a big smile on my face from the participants putting the time and effort they did last night.

eric

When did I say its all been done before? I just said it was better back in the day and said the prop dunks were lame. There were some nice dunks, but the ones getting all the praise now are the lame ones. Seriously, a superman cape makes a non dunk the top play of the night?

Last night's dunk contest was fantastic. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Their creativity was awesome.

Isn't Kobe hurt?

There's really no incentive for the stars to do it anymore. It was most popular when creativity was expressed individually, but there's only so many ways to dunk a basketball. Once they've all been seen, it's kinda like a repeat. Nobody wants to be a part of that really.

"As if putting on a super man costume makes a dunk that has been out done many times in past contests all of a sudden great."

I should have said it general, and I was reading down the line, your's just happened to be the last one when i quoted. I shouldn't have singled you out though, sorry.

But there was a lot of creativity shown last night and IMO was a very competative and fun slam dunk contest to watch.

eric

The blowing out the cupcake was one of the best dunks I've ever seen, he definitely should have gotten a 50 for that. The one where Howard threw it up tapped it off the backboard and slammed it in was probably the best.

It's still the same stuff, over and over again. The one that bounced off the back of the backboard, caught it and windmilled it in was pretty nice. However the rest? **Yawn**

Do you realize how much concentration it took to do a good dunk and still take the time to blow out a candle. That is ridiculous.

The dunk contest last night was the best one in a long time. When your boy from Toronto did his dunk in the first round. WOW. Dude tossed it up and let it bounce then caught the ball behind his head with one hand and tomohawked it down. It was such a powerful dunk.

Dwight Howard deserved to win it based on the behind the glass dunk he did first. That's almost impossible. Key word almost. The Superman thing would have been better is he actually dunked it, but he threw it in from like 3ft away, and it shouldn't have counted.

By far, the hardest dunk was the dude from Minnesota putting the ball between the legs and dunking all without his shoes on. Thats hard to do, especiall when he only 6'6" and has no traction when approaching the dunk.

It was a good contest, and I can only hope it will get better from here on out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom