Dupre declares for NFN draft... (1 Viewer)

To me, when a prospect comes out early, he is either doing it for family security, or because he thinks he has the skillet and belief that he will impress enough at the combine to get heads turning. Dupre, like many other LSU wide outs, suffers from the LSU QB connection curse. Coming out of high school, he grades out well ahead of other wide outs in his class who have gone on to put up double the stats he has at LSU . I don't think he should do it, but I don't blame him. Good luck and thank you for doing your part for the tigers.

He had a great bowl game and showcased his talent well. If he improves his physicality and develops his skillset with a good coach, I believe he can be a better than average NFL receiver.

Dupre has the skills and measureables to be an excellent WR in the NFL, but he was too inconsistent this year. He could have played himself into the first round in 2018 had he returned. Good luck to him.

Dupre has the skills and measureables to be an excellent WR in the NFL, but he was too inconsistent this year. He could have played himself into the first round in 2018 had he returned. Good luck to him.

I saw somewhere random that I can't remember that he's projected as a fifth to seventh rounder right now.

I really think he's making a mistake by not coming back to play in Canada's offense that could really showcase his talents. I guess we'll know by where he gets drafted whether it was a smart decision or not.

He could also return and get hurt.

Take the money and run.

That depends where he lands.....if he truly ends up 5th round or lower, it was probably a bad decision to leave early. You can get insurance policies for pennies on the dollar for injury concerns.

That depends where he lands.....if he truly ends up 5th round or lower, it was probably a bad decision to leave early. You can get insurance policies for pennies on the dollar for injury concerns.

I agree. Sheldon Rankins has a roughly 12 mil guarantee, Marcus Murphy 70k guarantee.

The amount you lose sitting out a year can easily be offset by a large amount depending on how much you improve your draft stock with another year of colleg play.

You do have to factor in the risk of injury and the risk you might actually have your draft stock go down.

Dupre I think is a close call, which is why it took him a while to decide. He has underplayed expectations which could drop him way down. But he has great potential and someone could grab him early. The combine will be big for him.

I don't see him as a big loss for LSU. LSU has some very talented receivers who might end up better than Dupre. Given the choice between Chark and Dupre leaving, I am glad Chark stayed. He is definitely faster and with less playing time has been more consistent.

To me, when a prospect comes out early, he is either doing it for family security, or because he thinks he has the skillet and belief that he will impress enough at the combine to get heads turning. Dupre, like many other LSU wide outs, suffers from the LSU QB connection curse. Coming out of high school, he grades out well ahead of other wide outs in his class who have gone on to put up double the stats he has at LSU . I don't think he should do it, but I don't blame him. Good luck and thank you for doing your part for the tigers.
He suffers from a I drop too many balls, I don't fight for the balls and I couldn't get open on the outside so they moved me to the slot curse.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom