During the KNEE play, (1 Viewer)

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
did the OL players tell the Bucs DL the true intent? like...

"It will be a knee. So don't kill yourself"?

it's pretty obvious by the way the offense lines up if it will be a kneel down...i don't think the o-line has to say anything

well it's a kneel down formation, so everyone knows.

Typically it's "polite" and "good sportsmanship" to respect the kneel down. That said, sometimes some players try to lay some hits even on kneel downs (and fights often break out when that happens).

well it's a kneel down formation, so everyone knows.

Typically it's "polite" and "good sportsmanship" to respect the kneel down. That said, sometimes some players try to lay some hits even on kneel downs (and fights often break out when that happens).

Yep that shows the mutual respect that Payton and Gruden have of each other. I thought they were crazy to kneel the ball with over 2 mintues to go! Then again, i have Fantasy football teams with Deuce and Bush on them, so I guess I just really wanted another score! :9:

Anyway, Payton showed good class and respect by calling the kneel down. THen Gruden showed that same respect by just taking their time and running the ball up the middle on 2 plays instead of trying to air it out. It may just be me, but I thought that it was a nice thing to see.

>>Typically it's "polite" and "good sportsmanship" to respect the kneel down. That said, sometimes some players try to lay some hits even on kneel downs (and fights often break out when that happens).

As noted in one of the links in the Bay Area papers thread, the Bucs showed a little follow-up class by running the ball twice to finish off the game. No one gets hurt, but we did give up 10 yards. :shrug:

TPS

I love how things are now. Fox, Gruden, and Payton are all good friends and respect each other. This makes for a very pleasent rivalry between the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints.....

And allows us to focus on what's really important...hating the Falcons

I love how things are now. Fox, Gruden, and Payton are all good friends and respect each other. This makes for a very pleasent rivalry between the Panthers, Bucs, and Saints.....

And allows us to focus on what's really important...hating the Falcons

lol, we now have our priorities straight

One of my bestest friends is a huge Buc fan. He called me after the game and wished me congratulations. He also said for us to take it to the Super Bowl and REPRESENT the NFC South. I always call him and congratulate them also.
I have accepted Gruden and Fox, ONLY because Payton is buddies with them.
They are good coaches.......

One of my bestest friends is a huge Buc fan. He called me after the game and wished me congratulations. He also said for us to take it to the Super Bowl and REPRESENT the NFC South. I always call him and congratulate them also.
I have accepted Gruden and Fox, ONLY because Payton is buddies with them.
They are good coaches.......

You're friends with a Bucs fan?????? Traitor!!!! I only have AFC friends.

You're friends with a Bucs fan?????? Traitor!!!! I only have AFC friends.

I'm married to one and :lookatyou:he's not happy this year and was very quiet last night after the game

Isn't it wierd though that the Bucs ran the ball instead of kneeling and taking the loss. I know it was not much but why do it to pad stats?

Isn't it wierd though that the Bucs ran the ball instead of kneeling and taking the loss. I know it was not much but why do it to pad stats?

I think it was more or less a sign of respect to us by not airing it out & to their fans as well by showing that they won't quit. Best of both worlds imo

I'm married to one and :lookatyou:he's not happy this year and was very quiet last night after the game

Married a bucs fan???? Now that's TRUE LOVE! Hey he had his moment when they won the Superbowl and I'm sure he rubbed it in your face. It's our turn now! So do y'all make any side bets when the Saints and Bucs play each other?

Married a bucs fan???? Now that's TRUE LOVE! Hey he had his moment when they won the Superbowl and I'm sure he rubbed it in your face. It's our turn now! So do y'all make any side bets when the Saints and Bucs play each other?

Actually that's a pretty safe bet when you think of it. Who could be more loyal or faithful then a lifelong Saints or Bucs fan? I mean man, talk about "through thick and thin" :ezbill:

Actually that's a pretty safe bet when you think of it. Who could be more loyal or faithful then a lifelong Saints or Bucs fan? I mean man, talk about "through thick and thin" :ezbill:

A lot more of one than the other I might add.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom