Dustin Hopkins (1 Viewer)

Some people live in the past and some look to the future. When I think of our new kicker, all I can think is how great it is that we have a kicker that Sean has faith in. Maybe the revolving door will finally stop. How many good kickers has Sean cut on a knee jerk reaction after missing 1 or 2 field goals or extra points. I remember when this fan base called for Carney's head and hated him for years because of 1 missed extra point. But he ended up a mainstay under Sean. If Sean has faith and we give this "kid" a chance and it turns out great, awesome. I for one think he looked really good yesterday. Let's give him time. Sean has faith so should we. Maybe he won't go for it from 4 and 10 at the 35 yard line anymore. Kick the dang field goal and take the points.
Payton is invested in a snap decision now.

Maybe that's not an awful thing if the kid gets more patience and can develop and reach his potential. But it was still a snap decision.

Does anyone really have any confidence that had we kept Hopkins, he wouldve been 25-28 last year?
What would Washington be doing better in the kicking game too get that out of him?

Is it just Payton that kills the kicker's confidence?

Does anyone really have any confidence that had we kept Hopkins, he wouldve been 25-28 last year?

Yes. And I think most on this board wanted Hopkins. But what's done is done and who knows in the long run we might be more happy with Lutz.

We aren't the only team to have gone through a tough stretch with kickers. Ironically I'll cite the other team playing tonight - the Steelers. My bestie was livid at that TNF Ravens game last year where Scobee couldn't make a FG to save his life. Then they signed that kid Boswell and they seem to have found their man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom