Dutch Student Said Natalee Holloway's Body Was Dumped in the Ocean (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
"I know what happened to that girl," van der Sloot announced during 20 hours of private conversations secretly recorded by crime reporter Peter R. de Vries.

Her body, van der Sloot said, had been dumped in the ocean by a friend with a boat.

"We're on the beach," he said on the recordings, according to the Dutch TV show. "Suddenly, she wasn't moving any more."

Nowhere on the recordings does van der Sloot display any emotion about the young woman he said he disposed of that night on the beach so far from home.

"I didn't even feel bad about it," he said at one point. "I didn't lose a night of sleep over it. I thought, 'I have to go on.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4222253&page=1

This kid needs to get behind bars already. :covri:

More sources:

THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) - Hidden camera footage broadcast on television in the Netherlands on Sunday showed Dutch student Joran van der Sloot saying he was with Natalee Holloway when she died on a beach in Aruba, and that he asked a friend to dispose of her body at sea.

"She suddenly didn't do anything anymore," Van der Sloot said of the 18-year-old Holloway, in a conversation with a man he believed to be his friend.

Last week, however, Van der Sloot said he was lying when he made those comments during what he thought was a private conversation with a friend and denied that he had anything to do with Holloway's 2005 disappearance.

The exchange, in Dutch, was recorded in a Range Rover that had been rigged with three hidden cameras by Peter R. de Vries, a Dutch television crime reporter who claims the footage solves the mystery surrounding Holloway's disappearance. It was shown on Dutch television.

Van der Sloot said he panicked and tried but failed to revive Holloway before calling a friend with a boat to dispose of the body.

"The ocean is big," he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UJ4HQG0&show_article=1

Last edited:
The Arruban (sp?) police and justice system is a joke.

How so? They arrested and held this guy repeatedly but had no evidence. If it were the US he'd have never even been held at all as there was absolutely zero evidence to hold him on.

I don't see, with the evidence, that this is playing out any different than it would here.

Isn't this guy the son of a Dutch judge? I'm sure there was pressure put on certain people...

Isn't this guy the son of a Dutch judge? I'm sure there was pressure put on certain people...

His Dad is a lawyer and "judge in training" whatever that means but yes, his family is wealthy and influential. Still, as many times as he's been arrested and held I just don't see what else anyone wanted done with the complete lack of evidence.

To me it seems they knew and have tried their hardest to get him to "crack" but he hasn't.

To me it seems they knew and have tried their hardest to get him to "crack" but he hasn't.

Little did they know is that all they had to do was take him on a car ride.

Little did they know is that all they had to do was take him on a car ride.

Yeah, and give him a chance to look "cool" in front some rich business man.

What a sad pathetic human he is.

Yeah, and give him a chance to look "cool" in front some rich business man.

What a sad pathetic human he is.

True. He's had several opportunities to rise up and be a man, but he failed at every opportunity (based upon his story he told). (1) She stops moving...instead of calling a doctor, he takes her to a clump of trees. (2) When she appears dead, he calls a friend to ditch the body. (3) Brought in by the police on several occasions, he doesn't tell what happened. Finally (4) when he saw what not knowing was doing to the parents, he let them suffer.

If that was my daughter that was thrown into the ocean like that, I would be finding someone to "acquire" van der Sloot and whoever dumped the body and then fix them with cement boots and throw them overboard. I'm not saying that is right, and I am not saying it is just. I'm just telling you what I would do if that was my daughter.

How so? They arrested and held this guy repeatedly but had no evidence. If it were the US he'd have never even been held at all as there was absolutely zero evidence to hold him on.

I don't see, with the evidence, that this is playing out any different than it would here.
Here's a pretty good summary from Vanity Fair.
http://www.vanityfair.com/fame/features/2006/01/natalee200601?currentPage=1

The Assistant Chief of Police blames everyone else the Holloway family, the media, the tourism board, except his own organization for the shoddy investigation.

I understand that they do things differently down there, but they caught Van der Sloot and his buddies in lies numerous times. Somehow I'm betting an American police department would've gotten them to crack. And now, it turns out a crime reporter was able to do the Aruban police's job for them.

True. He's had several opportunities to rise up and be a man, but he failed at every opportunity (based upon his story he told). (1) She stops moving...instead of calling a doctor, he takes her to a clump of trees. (2) When she appears dead, he calls a friend to ditch the body. (3) Brought in by the police on several occasions, he doesn't tell what happened. Finally (4) when he saw what not knowing was doing to the parents, he let them suffer.

If that was my daughter that was thrown into the ocean like that, I would be finding someone to "acquire" van der Sloot and whoever dumped the body and then fix them with cement boots and throw them overboard. I'm not saying that is right, and I am not saying it is just. I'm just telling you what I would do if that was my daughter.

I feel pretty much like you Sandman,

I would arrange for Mr. Van Der Sloot to get a first hand boatride to really see how big the ocean is.

The only thing the guy could go to jail for at this point in something along the lines of impeading an investigation.

Since it looks like the body will never be found, there is no way to prove her death was not the result of natural or drug induced causes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom