DVOA Ratings (1 Viewer)

If our ST plays like that it won't matter how good our O is. We may lose the close games

Dallas has a better offense than us? They have mid 400 yards and we have over 500 with 11 more points scored. Come again?

#2 and #2 is freakin awesome. Now ST sucks, but it is much easier to fix than a horrible defense.

I actually 'like' the DVOA ratings more than most other things. A lot less conjecture and a lot more precession measurements. Of course, it can't tell the whole story but it does a good job at it.

Dallas has a better offense than us? They have mid 400 yards and we have over 500 with 11 more points scored. Come again?
DVOA isnt pure yards vs yards. He takes a lot of stuff into account in his formula

They break down down and distance against expectations. It's arguable that total yards gained and even scoring offense are not as useful. Again, people love to argue that this system is bunk, just thought the OFF/DEF/ST breakdown was accurate.

We led in every offensive catagory:

more third-down efiicient
more first down
more touchdowns
rushing yards
passing yards
time of possession
less penalty yards
Tampa got a sack against them, no sacks on Breesus

The only thing that we did differently was turnovers: our three to their zero, but that makes them clearly better than us?

I would say yes. I'd take the #2 numbers with 0 turn overs any day of the week.

Good god 2 over all? I usually read football outsiders or what ever it is called now and they usually rip us but not this time. Anyway, it is only week one right now, much football left to be played.

We led in every offensive catagory:

more third-down efiicient
more first down
more touchdowns
rushing yards
passing yards
time of possession
less penalty yards
Tampa got a sack against them, no sacks on Breesus

The only thing that we did differently was turnovers: our three to their zero, but that makes them clearly better than us?

Our offense DID give up 7 points, I'm sure that factors into the equation.

Our offense DID give up 7 points, I'm sure that factors into the equation.
The 7 point gave up by the offense did lowered our DVOA but Dallas was also more efficient than us in terms of number of points vs. numbers of play, average yards/play.....The DVOA has a lot to do with how efficient you are per play not so much the total yards and points.

I guess, good points. We will be able to settle this later in the season at the Dome. I'm sure efficiency will be a good term for what Dallas starts lacking late in the season.

It was funny when they used to point out that "hole in the zone" played better pass defense than Jason David.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom