DVR to DVD? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I have copies of movies on DVR that have never been released on DVD. Is there a way to copy those movies from my DVR to DVD? I do have a VCR/DVD recorder as well connected to my TV.
Thanks and GEAUX Saints!!

You might be able to use the 'Record to VCR' option...

I have copies of movies on DVR that have never been released on DVD. Is there a way to copy those movies from my DVR to DVD? I do have a VCR/DVD recorder as well connected to my TV.
Thanks and GEAUX Saints!!

If you figure out a way, I'd love to know too!

I've got DirectTV and the DVR and we often DVR movies and PPV for viewing at a more convenient time. Love it! If the PPV was a "keeper" movie worth watching again, we'll play it from the DVR and burn it on the DVD recorder for a permanent hard copy.

While I have noticed that my DVD burner will burn PPV movies, "regular" movies i.e. HBO/STARZ/CINEMAX/etc... cannot be burned; I get a message about "copy protected content" and the DVD burner stops the burn process.

Ironically, most of the "movie channel" movies have been out for a LONG time and can be seen on regular TV, if you time it correctly, or taped to VCR. Just can't burn them on DVD recorder. Maybe some of the technically advanced know some tricks to get around this...

Last edited:
Connect the output of your DVR to the input of your DVD recorder, put in a blank DVD, and press the red button labeled 'RECORD' on your DVD recorder...voila!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom