Dwayne Haskins Dead @ 24 (1 Viewer)

Man that's dangerous. One time I ran out of gas on the interstate in Dallas and had to put gas in it with cars zooming by. I won't do it if I don't have to. I've had two flat tires on the interstate and I stay in the car and call roadside assistance.
Yeah, a bunch of my friends new a guy that died that way. I guess they were driving home from the quarter and stopped to let someone out to pee. They got back in the car and forgot him. Unfortunately he was hit killed.

Yeah i cant believe anyone would day that. He should be fired for that. Its irrelevant and very slanderous. Its as if Brandt had somr personal Vandetta
He's 90 years old.

His career is over.

For that to be the last thing anyone ever remembers of you in your long and storied career, that will be ample punishment for the stupidity he spewed.

Yeah, the update is that he wasn't walking along the shoulder. He was crossing the interstate.

He was somewhere between the north and south I95 off ramps. That section is all elevated. Crossing wouldn't get you anywhere.

This is awful. I can't believe what Gil Brandt said. It was tasteless and it didn't make sense. Gil said Haskins was "living to be dead" and then goes on to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with living a reckless life. Like leaving Ohio State early. Like that was really living on the edge. Dude was the 15th pick overall. I don't care if he did live some sort of crazy death defying life, you don't speak ill of the dead. Especially not on the day it's announced!

Of course people are going to speculate and make assumptions and attribute this to drugs, suicide, CTE, etc. I'll just wait for the report to come out. People do weird things. People are put weird situations. There have been times in my life that had I died people would be thinking, "What the hell was he doing? What was he thinking".

This is awful. I can't believe what Gil Brandt said. It was tasteless and it didn't make sense. Gil said Haskins was "living to be dead" and then goes on to talk about things that have absolutely nothing to do with living a reckless life. Like leaving Ohio State early. Like that was really living on the edge. Dude was the 15th pick overall. I don't care if he did live some sort of crazy death defying life, you don't speak ill of the dead. Especially not on the day it's announced!

Of course people are going to speculate and make assumptions and attribute this to drugs, suicide, CTE, etc. I'll just wait for the report to come out. People do weird things. People are put weird situations. There have been times in my life that had I died people would be thinking, "What the hell was he doing? What was he thinking".
Yeah we try to look at these things and attempt to come up with a logical explanation but then you have to realize that people do illogical crap all of the time.

Yeah, the update is that he wasn't walking along the shoulder. He was crossing the interstate.

He was somewhere between the north and south I95 off ramps. That section is all elevated. Crossing wouldn't get you anywhere.

Weird, either he wasn't aware of his surroundings or he wasn't thinking right (drugs, suicide, mental break). Wonder what the autopsy results show. But who knows, sad for his family.

Man that's dangerous. One time I ran out of gas on the interstate in Dallas and had to put gas in it with cars zooming by. I won't do it if I don't have to. I've had two flat tires on the interstate and I stay in the car and call roadside assistance.

Agreed 100% here.

I tell this to my daughter a lot now that's she's driving solo. Just sit tight with your seat belt on until roadside assistance arrives.

Rest in peace to Dwayne Haskins. So young.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom