Saints Dwayne Washington ...underutilized, IMO (1 Viewer)

Sample size too limited to know for sure. He does run at a low pad level and seems quick and tough....but....the only way he gets any touches is if Kamara or Murray go down...

Hell, the most underused RB on the team is Murray TBH....SP needs to get him more touches...

I’ve always thought that DW was an average to above average talent, but last year, if I remember right, it seemed like the Saints were hoping some of the talent they brought To compete for that spot, would replace him.

I think Taysom and Deonte are better number 3 backs. No way in meaningful game time you give Washington the ball over those two plus Kamara and L.M

I like what I see from Washington, good vision and explodes into the hole.

SP could find a starting running back at the grocery store.
26 out of the 32 teams could find a replaceable back in the produce aisle. Henry,Bell, McCafrey, Barkley, Chubb, Cook.No one remotely comes close to this group. Elliot on outside looking in. Kamara is peering in with a telescope

He's a pending free agent. This draft is deep at RB and we can get another RB on a rookie deal for RB3.

We will do the same thing we've done the past two years, draft/sign a running back then cut them in favor of Washington even though they had the ability to contribute on offense more so than Washington (Boston Scott / Devine Ozigbo).

Last edited:
Washington’s got a spot on the team because he’s a solid special teamer. If the Saints found themselves in a situation where both Kamara and Murray were going to miss time, I guarantee they would sign another RB, and that RB would get the snaps/carries ahead of Washington...

...heck, we already saw it last season, when Zenner was signed... played that same week, and then was released.

Washington could easily be upgraded.

Ah I gotcha. I read it as “every back besides Kamara Was a gamer last year”
Very understandable, the way it was worded could be interpreted either way really. :hihi:
We will do the same thing we've done the past two years, draft/sign a running back then cut them in favor of Washington even thought they had the ability to contribute on offense more so than Washington (Boston Scott / Devine Ozigbo).
I’d also add Darius Victor to that list. Saw him truckstick a guy while watching XFL highlights the other night so glad he’s doing well.

Very understandable, the way it was worded could be interpreted either way really. :hihi:

I’d also add Darius Victor to that list. Saw him truckstick a guy while watching XFL highlights the other night so glad he’s doing well.

Didn’t he also knock himself out and lose the ball in the process? Lol. I thought I recognized the name.

Didn’t he also knock himself out and lose the ball in the process? Lol. I thought I recognized the name.
Ahh I don’t think he did? LOL, maybe it was a different carry or another game though.

It was on Saturday night, but I think that game’s highlights were from the previous week’s games (I don’t even remember who was playing). I was half paying attention since we were just trying to pass time until my friend got back and we could start watching the fights on ESPN+.

But damn, still running hard as ever if he knocked himself out! :hihi:

Washington’s got a spot on the team because he’s a solid special teamer. If the Saints found themselves in a situation where both Kamara and Murray were going to miss time, I guarantee they would sign another RB, and that RB would get the snaps/carries ahead of Washington...

...heck, we already saw it last season, when Zenner was signed... played that same week, and then was released.

Washington could easily be upgraded.

I agree with you. It is kind of puzzling, because Washington has torn it up in preseason and even a regular season game when we rested starters. Makes you think he'd at least earn a touch or two occasionally, but obviously the coaches have their own opinions and have seen more of him in practice.

I agree with you. It is kind of puzzling, because Washington has torn it up in preseason and even a regular season game when we rested starters. Makes you think he'd at least earn a touch or two occasionally, but obviously the coaches have their own opinions and have seen more of him in practice.

I think it’s very telling that he hasn’t gotten any meaningful snaps for the Saints offense since he’s been with the team. He’s either gotten garbage time carries in blowouts, or snaps in meaningless games (ie. Carolina at the end of the season before last).
Like I said also... the Saints trusted Zach Zenner more to get snaps/touches vs Chicago last season (after signing him 4 days prior) than they did D-Wash who has been here for an entire season +

I think it’s very telling that he hasn’t gotten any meaningful snaps for the Saints offense since he’s been with the team. He’s either gotten garbage time carries in blowouts, or snaps in meaningless games (ie. Carolina at the end of the season before last).
Like I said also... the Saints trusted Zach Zenner more to get snaps/touches vs Chicago last season (after signing him 4 days prior) than they did D-Wash who has been here for an entire season +

Yes, no doubt. The Saints obviously don't think too much of him as a RB. Still, from my eyes, even in garbage time or whatever, he looks explosive with good vision. Maybe it's because he isn't great at pass protection or catching the ball that he isn't used more. Who knows? I was a little surprised they kept him in favor of Ozigbo, but ST was the deciding factor there.

Dwayne Washington's value is as a special teamer. Compensate him nicely to cover those kicks. Nice third option as a back, but shouldn't be asked to do too much more on offense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom