DWD's Offseason Forecast (Post Spagnuolo Edition) 3.0 (1 Viewer)

I hate to burst everyone's bubble but I really really doubt that Will Smith wont be here next season. Idk why. I hope that I am pleasantly surprised though.

Don't know what makes you think that? He's due over $10 million and we are over the cap as is. Jordan already has one DE spot on lockdown and we have some great competition with Hicks and Johnson at the other. He's expensive and his play has nose dived in every aspect.

Then why didn't Brees mention that when a reporter asked him point-blank if he'd be willing to re-structure? He simply said "we'll see". Also, didn't Carl Nicks and Vincent Jackson already re-structure the deals they just signed with Tampa?

Ahh, good call. I didn't realize the Bucs did that. I thought there was a rule in the CBA, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Of course, to do that, they had to absorb the cap hit this year... so, we don't have enough cap space this year to make a huge dent.. vs just moving that cap space over to next year. I don't think it's a huge difference. So, I think we're a bit limited, depending on how we can manuever that contract.

Either way, I think there is a bit too much concern with that. Loomis will figure it out.

Don't know what makes you think that? He's due over $10 million and we are over the cap as is. Jordan already has one DE spot on lockdown and we have some great competition with Hicks and Johnson at the other. He's expensive and his play has nose dived in every aspect.

I just think will smith is an assassin and as soon as he gets released something had might happen. I can't think of any other explanation as to why he's still been playing the last few years.

I know I know, but he just seems like so much of a Loomis guy... IMHO, only reason he is still here and plays so much... I've been wrong before about many other things, so perhaps I am wrong again... But I will believe it when I see it. That is with Smith being a goner and all.

If that is not your reason then why would he not restructure so soon? :shrug:

Could be a lot of reasons for restructuring, but that was not my point. The point of the post was that I didn't think restructuring would come so soon after signing his contract. That's all I meant by it. You read too much into my post.

No way is Hankin's ceiling is higher than Hicks. Not a chance. As for Bunkley, not sure if he fits a 3-4 scheme, but he'll most definetely b given a chance to prove so

Could be a lot of reasons for restructuring, but that was not my point. The point of the post was that I didn't think restructuring would come so soon after signing his contract. That's all I meant by it. You read too much into my post.

How am I reading too much into it? You said you cannot see him restructuring so soon. I asked you to give me some reasons why you think that, I would like to know.

Sounds like homer talk

Well maybe a lil. But even if so, we've actually seen a glimpse of Hick's full potential. Hankins hasnt even sniffed an NFL field yet so I dont understand your reasoning for saying that. And this is coming from a guy who would love to have Hankins on the team

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom