Dysfunction of the Cowboys on Display (1 Viewer)

OneSaintsFan

Want to Be in that Number
Reaction score
Living in Dallas, I'm getting the foam-mouthed rantings of Cowboys fans off the local media reminiscent of the days after Katrina when they declared that New Orleans would be closed permanently and the team on its way to San Antonio. So I developed sort of have a tin ear for this stuff but when I see a headline

The Sean Payton rumors put the dysfunction of the Cowboys on display​

I just gotta smile. These guys are total nutjobs, and in a way, I find myself enjoying stewing in it. Spiraling, spiraling...

"The roots of this are the way the Jones family constantly meddles in the way their coaches do their jobs, and how both Jerry and Stephen enjoy going before the media to pretty much tell all. Is there any other NFL team where not one but two members of ownership have weekly radio gigs to show how much in control of things they are?"

Yeah, good luck with that Sean. Remember when Jerry Jones forced Terrell Owens on Bill Parcells? Ask Bill about that.

This really just sets up a bad dynamic, even if Payton gets the job.
What made the Saints job great in mu opinion, is that Benson and Gayle gave Payton time to work out issues. Like ‘07-‘08 and ‘14-‘16.
I can already see the in fighting if Payton starts slow.

I know what you mean OSF, I live in Corinth and sometimes I listen to 105.3 or 103.3 to try and get some NFL news but 24/7 it's all about their Cowboys.
They have a shinny new magnifying glass of a stadium, a great economy up here, and a fanbase that's probably international(so I heard), but it's all worthless
because of the owner of this gigantic circus.......Dallas, Tx. is where NFL head coaches come to get fired.

I don't think Sean Payton wants that on his resume'; if he did he would have stayed there back in '06.

Y’all forget that Payton came to the Saints from Dallas. He’s well aware on how that dysfunction is dysfunctional. I just don’t think he’ll go there if he undead wants to dabble in coaching again. We’ve seen every coach who leaves and come back flame out. Gruden, Parcells, Gibbs, and Ditka to name a few. The only successful one I know of was Dick Vermiel.

I saw a tik tok of their fans throwing trash at them as they walked off the field of the recent 49ers game.

What a place!?
Yes, YES! And have the QB make an ambiguous statement that gets wholly taken out of context so that the trash-throwing video is on 24/7. YESSSS!!! Knives out in Dallas. Poor Mike McCarthy - The OC of the first ever Saints playoff victory deserves better than having the Dallas media flogging Sean Payton relentlessly...

Anything being cooked in Dallas, Jerry has a hand stirring the pot, picking the ingredients and micro managing the entire process, then firing the cook when he screws up the meal so the blame never rests on him. Then if by some miracle the meal turns out great don't you dare give too much thanks and appreciation to the cook (Jimmy Johnson) or he will fire him as well because his ego isn't being massaged. It's a lose lose situation. I don't see how any coach could stay there its purgatory. People say money is the reason but you completely sell your soul to Jerry and ruin your career. I would take less and find more freedom as a coach with a classy organization that is run right any day. McCarthy and Dan Quinn are going to learn the hard way. Kellen Moore should take the first HC offer he gets and run for the hills now while he is still young and sane

If Payton comes back, I see it as more likely he ends up with the Chargers or maybe Buffalo or even the Bengals.

I mean say he comes back 2 years from now. If the Chargers miss the playoffs both those years, or the Bengals or Bills regress or even miss the playoffs themselves in that stretch, they could be looking for a coach to get them over the hump. Working with those QB's would be pretty tempting for Sean I would think... with no Jones meddling.

None of those franchises has ever won a Super Bowl, and no coach has ever won it all as HC for two different teams.

The only way I see SP taking the Cowboys job is if Jerry Jones passes....his son understands personnel which is why their drafts have been better the last 7 years or so....

"The roots of this are the way the Jones family constantly meddles in the way their coaches do their jobs, and how both Jerry and Stephen enjoy going before the media to pretty much tell all. Is there any other NFL team where not one but two members of ownership have weekly radio gigs to show how much in control of things they are?"

Yeah, good luck with that Sean. Remember when Jerry Jones forced Terrell Owens on Bill Parcells? Ask Bill about that.
This is why Sean Payton will never go to Dallas. He will go to another team. (Las Vegas maybe). Or he will come back to the Saints.

I saw a tik tok of their fans throwing trash at them as they walked off the field of the recent 49ers game.

What a place!?

And let's not miss this opportunity to educate anyone who actually missed this event, and to inject a little sunshine to everyone's day:

Which might have gone by without too much fanfare until their QB:

And to be gratuitous:

SP: hey Bill (Parcels). Jerry just called and offered me $20 mil per year. What ya think

Parcels: I really thought you had some #%#!? Brains Sean

Click

What a place!?
They were throwing at the OFFICIALS, not the Cowboys players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom