EA Bringing back NCAA Football (1 Viewer)

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score

thank-god-gif-3.gif

while i think it's great in concept, EA hasn't made a good football game in 10+ years...add the absurd monetization and likely focus on a MUT like game mode, this game will probably not be great

while i think it's great in concept, EA hasn't made a good football game in 10+ years...add the absurd monetization and likely focus on a MUT like game mode, this game will probably not be great

True. Up until it's released I'll hold out hope though, maybe by that time I'll be able to actual procure one them next gen consoles.

Thank the Lord! I don't imagine we'll get this until summer 2022, but at least it's coming. I can't wait to build a dynasty from the ground up.

I stopped purchasing Playstation after NCAA disappeared. I've been just sticking with Nintendo. I'd now consider Playstation

I just hope that the build the game basically from scratch and don't just make it Madden with a different paint job. I also think given the hype of the franchise and how excited people are about it, EA is going to need to make sure it is good. Madden is pretty bad, but EA is capable of making good games. It's just a question of if they will spend the money and time to do it right. Given how long this saga has gone on and the fact that it won't be out for over a year, I have some hope that they will spend the money and time to do it right.

I just hope that the build the game basically from scratch and don't just make it Madden with a different paint job. I also think given the hype of the franchise and how excited people are about it, EA is going to need to make sure it is good. Madden is pretty bad, but EA is capable of making good games. It's just a question of if they will spend the money and time to do it right. Given how long this saga has gone on and the fact that it won't be out for over a year, I have some hope that they will spend the money and time to do it right.

i think they may be smart enough to do that with the first one in a while. After that they will fix the things that don’t need fixing and break the ones that work.

It's great news, but the indefinite time period on a release date isn't. Apparently, they will not use actual player replicas on the teams... so just a bunch of random ones instead.

It's great news, but the indefinite time period on a release date isn't. Apparently, they will not use actual player replicas on the teams... so just a bunch of random ones instead.

Everything I've read says earliest would be July 2022 but most likely it's going to be a 2023 release.

Also there is litigation still going on that by the time that date gets there they may be allowed to use players names right out of the gate.

Plus it's not rosters aren't going to be editable. I imagine once the game is released it will take about a week for someone to update every roster and have it available for download.

Everything I've read says earliest would be July 2022 but most likely it's going to be a 2023 release.

Also there is litigation still going on that by the time that date gets there they may be allowed to use players names right out of the gate.

Plus it's not rosters aren't going to be editable. I imagine once the game is released it will take about a week for someone to update every roster and have it available for download.

I think the reason that EA got in trouble with the original game, in addition to having the players look like real players and have the same number, was that they created the system that allowed you to download rosters from other users who would fill in the names and correct various ratings. Prior to that people were buying USBs with updated rosters on the internet and having them mailed to them.

So, my guess is that if there isn't a deal with the NCAA where they allow players to be paid for their likeness, the new game won't allow you to download edited rosters and might not let you even use a USB with edited rosters on it. Likely the only way to edit will be to do it yourself. But, hopefully the NCAA gives those kids some money and then lets EA use the real rosters.

If it's on PC... then those "restrictions" won't matter.

If it's on PC... then those "restrictions" won't matter.

Maybe, but EA will have to do everything they can to make sure that people can't just use the player names. So, they may even make it impossible to change the names on players. I'm sure one of you PeeeCeeee nerds will figure out how to mod that, but EA has to make it as hard as possible to avoid the legal issues they had before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom