Eagle Fans in Superdome (1 Viewer)

After the comments/behaviors I was hearing/seeing from the Eagle fans in my section yesterday, let's just say I'm glad they have a long, long trip back to Philly today.

Actually I had nothing but positive encounters with the Philly fans. None of them expected to have any chance and they openly said they hoped we won it all this year. Most left early obviously but it was such a blowout it seemed most of them had brushed it off and were just trying to have a good time.

Its because selling tickets to the opposing teams fans lessens our Homefield advantage and directly influences the games. So the question is: "Are they still diehard Saints fans if they're complicit in helping opposing teams?"

I’ve been in the dome for every big moment in the last 15 years. I have never seen a visiting teams fans have an impact on the game.

You could say, well, if we had more saints fans instead of the few thousand opposing teams the dome would be louder. This is a tough argument, because most games are not totally sold out, so saints fans are not going because they can’t get tickets. They aren’t going, because they chose not to go. AND, those few thousand will not make a big enough difference to measure.

Now, in los angles, this may be a valid but futile argument. No reason to down vote the op for understanding this concept.

Just an opinion of a mullet.

I’ve been in the dome for every big moment in the last 15 years. I have never seen a visiting teams fans have an impact on the game.

You could say, well, if we had more saints fans instead of the few thousand opposing teams the dome would be louder. This is a tough argument, because most games are not totally sold out, so saints fans are not going because they can’t get tickets. They aren’t going, because they chose not to go. AND, those few thousand will not make a big enough difference to measure.

Now, in los angles, this may be a valid but futile argument. No reason to down vote the op for understanding this concept.

But God help us if all 6 Dirty Bird fans show up

Back in the 90's I've never seen as many opposing fans as I do now. Also it was a big thing if the game was sold out. You would find fans who would sell their ticket, but most of those transactions took place between other Saints fans.

In 2016, I saw a large group of Lion fans flood the end of a section, take group pictures and held up a large Lions flag. Also the first game against the Raiders, I thought Lutz made the 65 yard kick because of how many cheers i initially heard. We have a waiting list of people waiting to get season tickets, but you have fans worried about the all mighty dollar. If your primary goal is to make money, give it up and let someone else have the experience of becoming a season ticket holder.

Back in the 90's I've never seen as many opposing fans as I do now. Also it was a big thing if the game was sold out. You would find fans who would sell their ticket, but most of those transactions took place between other Saints fans.

In 2016, I saw a large group of Lion fans flood the end of a section, take group pictures and held up a large Lions flag. Also the first game against the Raiders, I thought Lutz made the 65 yard kick because of how many cheers i initially heard. We have a waiting list of people waiting to get season tickets, but you have fans worried about the all mighty dollar. If your primary goal is to make money, give it up and let someone else have the experience of becoming a season ticket holder.
I wish they would handle the tickets the way they do here in Omaha for the College World Series each year. They track the tickets with Online resellers and if season ticket holders sell too many of their tickets in a year they lose them. (they are allowed to sell a certain amount of tickets each year) It's part of the agreement of being a season ticket holder. It doesn't deter people from scalping them in person, but less people are willing to take that chance compared to being able to selling 2 or 3 of your games to pay for your whole season ticket.

He's down around the goal line where our $200 seats are but his are like $125. When he doesn't go he sells them for $300 each and puts the money on his seat license.

The difference may lie in the huge difference in seating capacity. The Dome seats about 73,000 for football, whereas Jerryworld seats more than 105,000. That difference is about equal to the total capacity of Tulane's Yulman Stadium.

I had season tickets in the terrace for eight years until the price increase in preparation for Super Bowl 47 in the Dome was just too high. Much cheaper for me to simply shop tickets on Ticketexchange when July/August rolls around and follow it like the stock market....without paying the additional cost of a PSL.

As for seeing so many opposing teams' fans in other team's stadiums now, you can thank technology for that. You don't have to physically go on down to the nearest Ticketmaster location to buy physical tickets anymore. Buying tickets is a mouse-click away. Course, the league restricted acceptable resales this year to mobile-only and you can't get in the Dome with a printout anymore.

I wish they would handle the tickets the way they do here in Omaha for the College World Series each year. They track the tickets with Online resellers and if season ticket holders sell too many of their tickets in a year they lose them. (they are allowed to sell a certain amount of tickets each year) It's part of the agreement of being a season ticket holder. It doesn't deter people from scalping them in person, but less people are willing to take that chance compared to being able to selling 2 or 3 of your games to pay for your whole season ticket.
I agree. Owning season ticket rights is a privilege, not an opportunity to make money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom