Eagles Cut Jevon Kearse (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
An option as the situational pass rusher we've been looking for. Kearse has been slowed by injuries, but he was healthy last year (just buried on the depth chart, which isn't surprising given the strength of the Eagles' defensive line). He had 3.5 sacks in 14 games last year (with just 8 starts) but his last healthy year he had 7.5 and 6 PDs.

He's 31, so a couple of years can be had, provided he stays healthy.

It's been well documented that due to injuries Kearse will never be "The Freak" again. At best now he's a situational pass rusher/depth guy who will be looking for one last big FA payday before he retires with an injury settlement. You don't want to be the team stuck paying his accelerated signing bonus when it happens do you? This guy has Washington Redskins written all over him.....

"THE FREAK-n injury prone DE that has declined every year he's played"

No thanks. He's been disappointing in Philly almost since they brought him in.

all he would provide for this team is a name that people have heard of. he hasnt produced in years

For a bunch of middle aged white guys, we're a tough bunch!

He will never be the stud he was, but as a situational pass rusher he'd be pretty good. Last year, he had only 12 tackles but also 3.5 sacks. He had 4 sacks in 2 games in '06 and in '04 and '05 8 sacks each. Will only had 7 and Charles only 2.5. If he's looking for a decent contract, I"D take him as a 3rd-down pass rusher.

Just say no. We need someone that plays a position we are not currently strong at. I think the new DL coach will have Smith and Grant performing at a high level. DT, CB, MLB, TE are what I want most in the order I want them. The battle is won in the trenches, look no farther than the NYG against the Pats. We have the ends but we don't have the horses in the middle. Young is small and Thomas is too heavy and out of shape. IMO the single thing that will improve our D the most is a serious upgrade in the middle of our DL and I've been saying this for years. Why do we pay the decision makers so much when they often can't see the forest for the trees? These positions have been problems for considerable time now and if we don't go after quality upgrades they will continue to drag down this team. We have a pile of cash, and we have so much talent on O, it's a terrible waste not to make these moves.

All the steroids have takem a toll on his body. He went from being a built, intimidating force to looking smaller than their WRs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom