Eagles extend WR Brown... (1 Viewer)

They'll probably wait to see if Stallworth can finish the season without another injury before offering him anything.

If Stallworth likes the Eagles he'll be able to resign. But if he wants money, he'll go elsewhere. I'm guessing he'll go elsewhere, some team will want to take a shot on him. The Eagles did this year and his injury problems seem inevitable with him every year. As much as I'd love to see him resign with them, I just don't see him getting the highest offer from them and I think that's what he's looking for.

Brown is a high 2nd rounder playing well. His deal has nothing to do with Donte's prospects in Philly. Donte would get a nice payday, if he can stay healthy. He was showing the Eagles something in games. He may still be offered a decent, Hakim type deal.

Brown is a high 2nd rounder playing well. His deal has nothing to do with Donte's prospects in Philly. Donte would get a nice payday, if he can stay healthy. He was showing the Eagles something in games. He may still be offered a decent, Hakim type deal.

Perhaps you didn't read the article. The eagles seem to be locking up young players as a solid base for thier team. I don't see Stallworth as a base for this. The eagles have been inconsistant this year. Part of that reason is Stallworth... He's great when he's playing, but so was TO when he was on the Eagles and they let him go.

If Stallworth likes the Eagles he'll be able to resign. But if he wants money, he'll go elsewhere. I'm guessing he'll go elsewhere, some team will want to take a shot on him. The Eagles did this year and his injury problems seem inevitable with him every year. As much as I'd love to see him resign with them, I just don't see him getting the highest offer from them and I think that's what he's looking for.

Do you even know why you're objecting to my comment? Perhaps you should read your own posts.
MOD EDIT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I for one will not be surprised if the Eagles do not re sign Stallworth. If Stallworth wants a big contract he won't get from the Eagles (unless he stays 100% healthy, plays lights out, and has no drops for the final 8 games). The Eagles are securing their young talent long term for the future (much cheaper to do it now than in the future). With his injuries and drops I just can't see the Eagles throwing a big deal at him. The Eagles aren't the Redskins they don't exactly throw their money around.

But look at it this way a fourth is 1,000 times more than what we got for Darren Howard or Lecharles Bentley. Jhari Evans was a fourth round pick. So the Saints get something instead of nothing. I'll take a third or fourth pick.....

Isn't it funny how after 4 or 5 games all the sports writers out there were saying that Andy Reid had pulled off a spectacular coup by picking up a top receiver for a 4th round pick, whilst McNabb was the MVP (and acording to Don Banks locks for the superbowl). Although Colston is getting some praise I have not seen one of those sports writers comment on how Payton got it spot on and they fed into the hype about the Eagles after beating up on awful teams. Still what do you expect, every sports writer out there is touting the Colts as locks for the superbowl. What do they get paid for

With the Eagles remaining schedule it's likely they won't be going to the playoffs. I say they go in another direction unless (big unless) Stallworth can get healthy and put up 500+ yards and a few TDs

At worst the Saints got a 4th and a starting MLB for Stallworth. Plus, it opened up a starting spot for Colston. It was a great deal. Stallworth, God bless him, can't stay healthy and drops too many balls. My guess is he will sign a 1-year deal with someone else next year, hoping to parlay that into a long term deal.

Isn't it funny how after 4 or 5 games all the sports writers out there were saying that Andy Reid had pulled off a spectacular coup by picking up a top receiver for a 4th round pick, whilst McNabb was the MVP (and acording to Don Banks locks for the superbowl). Although Colston is getting some praise I have not seen one of those sports writers comment on how Payton got it spot on and they fed into the hype about the Eagles after beating up on awful teams. Still what do you expect, every sports writer out there is touting the Colts as locks for the superbowl. What do they get paid for

With the Eagles remaining schedule it's likely they won't be going to the playoffs. I say they go in another direction unless (big unless) Stallworth can get healthy and put up 500+ yards and a few TDs

I did hear a quick little statement from some NFL expert on ESPN radio praising Payton for going with Colston over Stallworth but that was it. Where are all those Philly sportswriters who called the Saints FO "stupid, incompentent, losers" now?

thats 3 players they have extended in the last couple of weeks (brown, cole and another player i cannot recall)

thats 3 players they have extended in the last couple of weeks (brown, cole and another player i cannot recall)

Patterson a DT. They are locking these guys up long term because it's far cheaper now than when their contracts are about to expire. Stallworth's not going to be cheap. We heard repeatedly that "Stallworth wanted to test the free agent market". Why would that change?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom