Eagles Kevin Kolb antsy about first start - article (Eagles beat writer) (1 Viewer)

Actually Garcia does cause me some concern-more than Kolb. He can make plays even with pressure. However, aside from the possible terminology and play changes as suggested by Bonch, he has not had time to develop timing with his receivers. He probably has a handful of passing plays he can use in case Kolb gets the hook, which I expect. Bottom line is that or D needs to play well, and we need to avoid turnovers giving either qb a short field in their house.

No, I'm sure every year they throw out their playbook and write up a new one.

A new one? No. But they do add new plays every year (and it's been 3 years since Garcia was there last) as well as completely changing the terminology every season. It's also a totally different receiving corp now with different skill sets and I'm sure they've added plenty of new designed plays for them.

Last edited:
I think I sense some overconfidence in here. I want to win too, but I have been disappointed too many times to let this get out of hand.

unsure.gif
we're screwed

No faith in Kolb...he hasn't earned it at all but hopefully that changes on Sunday.

As for Reid, after last Dec, I learned to trust the big guy. A lot of people had fits that he benched McNabb...and McNabb can deny it all he wants but that benching made him play that much better and made the team rally around him to play that much better. This is why I know Reid will not allow Kolb to destroy this game.

I like you. You're funny and straight up all at once. :)

Kolb will be on a short leash...don't get too comfy chumps. The very first incomplete pass...expect a lot of boos. The first 3 and out series for the offense, the chants will begin for Garcia.

I think they are already cheering for Garcia and the game hasn't even started.

Have no fear Saints fans, the Saints will take care of business Sunday with a strong win in Philly. I'm not the least bit worried, I'm totally relaxed because I KNOW the Saints will win this game. I'm not going to tell you how I know but maybe at the end of the season I will.

Have no fear Saints fans, the Saints will take care of business Sunday with a strong win in Philly. I'm not the least bit worried, I'm totally relaxed because I KNOW the Saints will win this game. I'm not going to tell you how I know but maybe at the end of the season I will.

I'm hanging on the edge of the toilet seat with anticipation to hear how you know this. Oh wait...that was just a fart. Nevermind.

As a Phillies and Saints fan, I likewise will never understand why they booed Mike Schmidt (a point I made on another thread). :shrug: I still think ancient people like me growing up going to Connie Mack Stadium to watch the Phillies lose and watching the Eagles get blown out 49-0 in the first half of a game by the Packers takes its toll. :omg2: The thing is that Philly fans need to get over it. Once the Flyers won the Stanley Cup, the Philly sports teams took an upturn. Now, the bad behavior by the fans seems to have become a tradition.

Maybe it is the Yuenglings, but Yuengling was an obscure local beer from Pottstown back in the day, so I wonder what they were drinking back then. :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom