Match Up Eagles' Locker Room Woes (1 Viewer)

SaintAlgiers

Formerly SaintStoneyMount
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...k-accountability-root-eagles-struggles-season

Interesting article with some insight from two Eagles' players. What caught my attention was that the players don't seem to be on the same page. I wonder if this will be the game that sends the Eagles into a complete tailspin or was it the last one against Dallas. Either way, it seems as if Kelce may have called his team (players and coaches) out. This "could" get ugly, especially if the Eagles look real bad this weekend against the Saints.

Good read and TY.
As long as we aren’t the ‘win’ that galvanizes their team and inspires confidence in them going forward, I’m good.
?

Ehh when you're the leader of a team and you're playing badly you should call people out but we'll see if it actually works

They peaked way too early under Doug Pedersen.

I think Pedersen is a great offensive minded coach, but this team simply had a road paved for them to the SB. No other NFC team last year got the lucky breaks more than them, except for maybe Minnesota.

Pull up their schedule last year. They had one of the easiest schedules in the league similar to what the Rams are going through this year. There was a point last year where people seriously questioned if Philly was overrated due to all the cupcakes they were blowing out.

Last year was just their year. It happens sometimes. Nick Foles became their Jeff Hostetler and they were fine with him at QB, once they got past their nail biter with the Falcons.

There was clear evidence last year in a handful of games that their "elite defense" was overrated and could be exposed. Eli Manning of all QBs had his best games against the Eagles and he did it twice. Their defensive woes were put on full display by the Patriots in the SB.

Philly is not that good of a team. They look like a one hit wonder, similar to the 2011 Giants.

I think Pedersen is a great offensive minded coach, but this team simply had a road paved for them to the SB. No other NFC team last year got the lucky breaks more than them, except for maybe Minnesota.

Pull up their schedule last year. They had one of the easiest schedules in the league similar to what the Rams are going through this year. There was a point last year where people seriously questioned if Philly was overrated due to all the cupcakes they were blowing out.

Last year was just their year. It happens sometimes. Nick Foles became their Jeff Hostetler and they were fine with him at QB, once they got past their nail biter with the Falcons.

There was clear evidence last year in a handful of games that their "elite defense" was overrated and could be exposed. Eli Manning of all QBs had his best games against the Eagles and he did it twice. Their defensive woes were put on full display by the Patriots in the SB.

Philly is not that good of a team. They look like a one hit wonder, similar to the 2011 Giants.
C'mon man, that just sounds like bad loser talk. They beat the teams put in front of them last year, did it well for the most part and got hot at the right time. Winning the Super Bowl is not something handed to you on a silver platter.

Regardless of how salient your points may be about what was relatively easy on their schedule, they did the hard things they had to as well. That's what championship teams do.

I support the Saints, but I give respect where it's due as well.

C'mon man, that just sounds like bad loser talk. They beat the teams put in front of them last year, did it well for the most part and got hot at the right time. Winning the Super Bowl is not something handed to you on a silver platter.

Regardless of how salient your points may be about what was relatively easy on their schedule, they did the hard things they had to as well. That's what championship teams do.

Philly had a 9 game win streak last year. During that streak, they played the following teams;

Giants 3-13 (whom nearly beat them and wrecked their defense)
Chargers 9-7 (close game)
Cardinals 8-8 (blow out)
Redskins 7-9 (comfortable win)
49ers 6-10 (blow out)
Broncos 5-11 (blow out with a 50 burger)
Cowboys 9-7 ( blow out -let's be real here; Dallas is awful and last year, they were lucky to even get to 9-7 with their bad play.)
Bears 5-11 (blow out)

In all of these games, their defense looked amazing and this is where their top 5 defensive ranking was built.

They lost to Seattle whom was 9-7 and pretty much kicked their teeth in. We can discount that loss, cause they were well due to lose at that point.

After this, they beat the Rams, but had to engage them in a shoot out and gave up 35 points to them. The Rams had them on the ropes and could've took that game if their defense had been better.

They weren't really that hot late in the season after the Wentz injury. They beat the Giants, whom they had to come back against (Eli shredded them again) and an awful Raiders team.

Everyone has forgotten that we didn't even believe in them come playoff time cause of how bad they looked those first 3 games with Foles under center. The Falcons nearly beat them. It wasn't until they picked up where the Saints left off with destroying Minnesota's massively overrated #1 defense, did we finally believe in them.

Their defensive ranking and stats were definitely inflated from that easy schedule. The Giants (both times), Rams and Patriots gave them some serious tests and exposed them.

I give them credit for winning the SB, but this simply was not a dynasty in the making. Several things had to go right for them, and it did. That 9 game streak against mostly garbage teams really helped.

Last year was just their year. It happens sometimes. Nick Foles became their Jeff Hostetler and they were fine with him at QB...

Augh..The name Jeff Hosteler reminded of the year when I truly became a Falcon's Hater primarily because of Michael Hayes. I did root for Jeff that year too to beat the 9ers of course.

Yeah, I think it was more that everything went their way last year - and even when things didn’t (e.g. losing QB but the backup plays out of his mind). There are always magical seasons for Super Bowl teams. But you have to be good enough to take advantage of it - players and systems rise to the occasion.

But it’s hard to keep that kind of good fortune around your team. Its not luck - that’s the wrong concept, but things can go your way some years and then not the next year. Unless you have the good fortune of being in the AFC East. That’s the gift that keeps on giving.

Augh..The name Jeff Hosteler reminded of the year when I truly became a Falcon's Hater primarily because of Michael Hayes. I did root for Jeff that year too to beat the 9ers of course.

Don't forget Deion Sanders and the whole "Too Legit To Quit", god I hated that Falcons team so much. They were so annoying. MC Hammer was on the sidelines of that game.

The Niners/Giants NFC title game from 1990 is an absolute classic. A shame that game is rarely ever talked about in the category of "greatest conference title games". That Giants defense deserves more credit, they were insane. If not for Lawrence Taylor stripping the ball from Roger Craig, we probably would've had to deal with a 3-peat from SF. That Giants team will always have a special place in my heart for that reason. Same with Brett Favre and how he would destroy the Niners in the playoffs, sparing us more possibilities of them getting more SBs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...k-accountability-root-eagles-struggles-season

Interesting article with some insight from two Eagles' players. What caught my attention was that the players don't seem to be on the same page. I wonder if this will be the game that sends the Eagles into a complete tailspin or was it the last one against Dallas. Either way, it seems as if Kelce may have called his team (players and coaches) out. This "could" get ugly, especially if the Eagles look real bad this weekend against the Saints.
HA
i thought you were mixing up Ertz with KC's Kelce
anyway, this is this gist
"Last year, it just seemed like everybody was clicking. We had guys like Brent Celek who had been here a long time who was very accountable, Torrey Smithwho had been in the league for a long time, very accountable. Mack Hollins was a guy that gave great effort. LeGarrette Blount and all of these running backs that, they had their limited amount of stuff that they had to know, but they knew what to do, and they knew how to do those things. That's what we're missing. We're missing that accountability."
and we've cetainly had that locker room issue with departing vets before
yikes

Can’t downplay what they did last year. That road win against the Rams was extremely impressive given the circumstances. They earned homefield, then Pederson put together outstanding game plans the whole way.

As Drew said, their defensive front is as good as any we will see this year. We absolutely have to run the ball, protect Drew and avoid turnovers.

If we do that, we should win by 10+. But if we don’t? This team can absolutely beat us. It’s all about us.

The norm is that teams do not repeat. The Patriots have skewed perceptions. For some reason, the media expects the SB winner in every season to become a dynasty.

The norm is that teams do not repeat. The Patriots have skewed perceptions. For some reason, the media expects the SB winner in every season to become a dynasty.
bc they spent all of that time learning everyone's names
if another team makes it to the superbowl they're going to have to learn so many more names

Yeah, I think it was more that everything went their way last year - and even when things didn’t (e.g. losing QB but the backup plays out of his mind). There are always magical seasons for Super Bowl teams. But you have to be good enough to take advantage of it - players and systems rise to the occasion.

But it’s hard to keep that kind of good fortune around your team. Its not luck - that’s the wrong concept, but things can go your way some years and then not the next year. Unless you have the good fortune of being in the AFC East. That’s the gift that keeps on giving.

The NFC East is just as bad as the AFC East, if not worse at times. Last year it was pretty bad. Dallas at 9-7 was an overachieving team, given how bad their offense and defense played in streaks (they scored less than 20 points in a total of 7 games). There really isn't much of a difference in the incompetent management with Washington and a team like Miami or the Jets.

The Pats dominance of the AFC East is way over-stated, given that they dominate the rest of the NFL and not just their division. They aren't skidding into the playoffs by the skin of their teeth with 10-6 records where that 5-1 or 6-0 divisional record would benefit them.

If there are any teams that truly benefit from easy divisions, look no further than the Colts in the AFC South and the Packers in the NFC North. Both have made the playoffs putting together 10-6 and 11-5 records that were mostly at the help of going 5-1 and 6-0 in their division. The AFC South is still the worst division in football. Last year Jacksonville went 10-6 thanks to their division and playing the #2 easiest schedule in the league. Jax looks like a mediocre team this year now that they're playing a division winning schedule.

People love to bring up the AFC East, but if we really get into the stats, there is lots of evidence to prove that the AFC South and NFC North have been worse and both Green Bay and Indy benefit their division far more than the Pats do. We can even throw the Chiefs in there, given their ridiculous record vs the AFC West as of recent years.

Philly was 5-1 in the NFC East last year and could've been a full 6-0 if they didn't rest their starters and lose to a Dallas team that couldn't score more than 6 points.

The NFC East is bad again this year, as it has been for almost every year in the last decade. Only this year, Washington could very well win it, despite having a lousy offense. Philly had a chance to really lean on their division to make the playoffs, but they blew it by allowing that crappy Dallas team's offense to come to life against them last Sunday night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom