Eagles rely on run game? Yeah, right - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
"...We do not know whether McNabb and his broken rib will start Sunday against New Orleans or whether Kevin Kolb will start in his place. We do know that the Eagles aren't likely to make a public decision until they have to make it. We also know that McNabb stood yesterday and watched what had to have been the most unique collection of Eagles quarterbacks ever on the same practice field: McNabb, Kolb, Vick and Garcia.

(In second place, for an entirely different reason: Jim McMahon, Jeff Kemp, Brad Goebel and Pat Ryan, who all played in 1991.)

But back to the matter of the day - that is, whether or not Eagles coach Andy Reid and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg will dumb down the offense, trash a lot of the passing game and give the ball a ton to Westbrook and Shady McCoy.

An initial guess: Don't count on it..."
Read...
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/spo...nn__Eagles_rely_on_run_game__Yeah__right.html

Good luck on running the ball. Trying to play conservative and keep the ball out of Brees' hands is great in theory. Only one problem; they have to do it perfectly or it will backfire. Go 3 and out against the Saints a couple of times you might just be down 14 points in less than 5 minutes. After that happens, what'ya gonna do? Run the ball and hope for a turnover?

The Eagles and the rest of the world might buy into their NFC East super hype but I got the scoop. The Saints are gonna crush those Eagles this Sunday.

I don't buy they will use their run game either. This is Andy Reid we are talking about, who can be more pass happy then Sean Peyton.

A rookie last week put it up in the air a lot against us. The league still thinks our secondary is the weak spot, and till proven differently, they will come at it. I can see Kolb dropping back at least 30 times.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom