Eagles RG Stacy Andrews Pulled From Starting Lineup (1 Viewer)

How in the world is Westbrook supposed to be successful if he has no line to run through or protect? Sounds like Philly is getting further into the hole as each day passes. GW is gonna have a field day with this one, folks!!:9:

Andrews was pulled because their coach believes there is someone better that fits their scheme on the offensive line. I do not see it as a setback for the eagles, until proven otherwise, I see it as an improvement for their line.

A few days ago Eagles fans were telling me he's their best Guard and a big reason why they can win.

Now he's being benched?

blink.gif
Sounds like someone was BS'ing you. Stacy Andrews has lots of potential...but to say he's the best? well I guess compared to what we have left to the OL maybe. All I can say is they held their own last week but still have lots of room for improvement.

Sorry, not to be pessimistic, but I smell a trap!

st. dave

Not sure how it could be a trap game against Philly at their house.....especially considering we play Buffalo next week. Who exactly are we looking ahead to? Not sure I get that one.

Are they actually brothers? Or brothers like they say the Vikings Williamsesss are brothers? Because brothers playing on the same team seems really cool. Especially in the city of brotherly love.

Actual brothers, out of Camden Arkansas.

If I remember correctly, the reason they didn't go to the same college (Shawn went to Arkansas, Stacy to Ole Miss) is Stacy was more interested in Track & Field then football and didn't take a football scholarship.

Cutcliffe convinced him to play his last 2 years on the football team and he started for Eli in 2003.

Does anyone else get the feeling the Saints have a certain amount of luck on their side this season, more so than in 2006?

First, they get GW.
Then they improve the players on defense through FA.
The suspensions of Grant and Smith are put off for this year at least.
The Saints put on an offensive show for the ages in week one.
The Panthers look to be in shambles, or at least look VERY beatable.
The Bucs are rebuilding.
The RB situation from last season seems to be solved.

I could go on, but things look VERY positive this year.

I would say yes we have, so far, we all know its a long season. I mentioned in a few different posts that the game of FB has so many variables that can affect a game, a season, etc..that teams need as much luck, or good fortune, to win a SB as they do skill and talent. Mainly health of your team and health of your nearest competitors are the main factors, but scheduling, refs calls, the bounce of the ball here and there could all make a difference in a season. But to answer your question, yes things appear to be falling in place nicely, lets all hope they continue, mainly our lack of major injuries.

I sure hope so. I am more worried about our offense struggling against a good defense on the road. We have had a habit of turning the ball over a lot in these situations in the past. If we can be even or win the turnover battle and protect the QB we should be fine. If not, it could be a long game.

is their d any different from 06 or 07? they dont have kearse,dawkins jim johnson passed away, lost lito sheppard,stuart bradley out for the season, the lb's are hurting and sub par (gaither and gokong lol)asante samuel is over hyped over paid cover 2 db we have to much fire power im wont say itll be a blow out but their d wont be a major threat as u assume,trent cole is the player right now on their d and he can help on run d what will he provide in passing situation he cant run deep with the wideouts.idk i mite be wrong or maybe my saints blindfold is tied too tight:covri:

If I remember correctly, the reason they didn't go to the same college (Shawn went to Arkansas, Stacy to Ole Miss) is Stacy was more interested in Track & Field then football and didn't take a football scholarship.

Cutcliffe convinced him to play his last 2 years on the football team and he started for Eli in 2003.

Oh, cool, thanks!

With all the hype the Eagles got this offseason there's really no surprise even with all their losses on offense that they're still favored? If the Saints are half as good as we think they are, there's absolutely no reason to lose this game.

With linemen out, theyre more likely to run some flats and sweeps, so I hope our LBs and safeties come to play. I feel much more confident with S/Harper than I did with KK/JB/Harper

:9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom