Eagles RG Stacy Andrews Pulled From Starting Lineup (1 Viewer)

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From rotoworld.

Eagles RG Stacy Andrews has been pulled from the starting lineup.
Line coach Luis Castillo says Andrews is still working on his technique in pass protection, and Max Jean-Gilles is currently the better option. Three of the Birds' projected five starting linemen will be out of the lineup for Kevin Kolb's start. Expect a heavy dose of Brian Westbrook Sunday.

How in the world is Westbrook supposed to be successful if he has no line to run through or protect? Sounds like Philly is getting further into the hole as each day passes. GW is gonna have a field day with this one, folks!!:9:

Should be interesting... philly will want to run the ball more with their backup QB starting, and they're losing offensive linemen by-the-day it seems... interesting indeed.

I can see kolb using his RBs out of the backfield against our OLBs. They own this matchup, and I hope we can get to Westbrook and McCoy quickly.

How in the world is Westbrook supposed to be successful if he has no line to run through or protect? Sounds like Philly is getting further into the hole as each day passes. GW is gonna have a field day with this one, folks!!:9:

I sure hope so. I am more worried about our offense struggling against a good defense on the road. We have had a habit of turning the ball over a lot in these situations in the past. If we can be even or win the turnover battle and protect the QB we should be fine. If not, it could be a long game.

I can see kolb using his RBs out of the backfield against our OLBs. They own this matchup, and I hope we can get to Westbrook and McCoy quickly.
You can say the same about our HB's and their LB's.
<script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script><script src="http://www.coolchaser.com/javascripts/freecause.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

A few days ago Eagles fans were telling me he's their best Guard and a big reason why they can win.

Now he's being benched?

Sorry, not to be pessimistic, but I smell a trap!

st. dave

Me too. It comes from watching this team for so darn long. When we seem to have the upper hand against good teams we have screwed it up a lot in the past. I hope this one is different.

Does anyone else get the feeling the Saints have a certain amount of luck on their side this season, more so than in 2006?

First, they get GW.
Then they improve the players on defense through FA.
The suspensions of Grant and Smith are put off for this year at least.
The Saints put on an offensive show for the ages in week one.
The Panthers look to be in shambles, or at least look VERY beatable.
The Bucs are rebuilding.
The RB situation from last season seems to be solved.

I could go on, but things look VERY positive this year.

Sorry, not to be pessimistic, but I smell a trap!

st. dave

admiral%2Backbar.jpg

Didn't he play Tackle last year? Maybe he just han't progressed the way they had hoped. Jean-Giles is a mountain of a man, and guys like that are usually better in run blocking than pass protection, and with Corn on the Kolb starting, they likely want the best Run blocking they can becasue they don't want to pass much. This doesn't neccessarily hurt them too much, I don't think. Another interesting twist as we creep closer to kickoff, though.

You nailed it, bearze! I should try to be more positive, like the Professor!

Here's to a big win in Philly!

st. dave

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom