Eagles signing Kentavius Street to one-year deal (1yr/1.08M) (1 Viewer)

The money will be interesting, even rotational D-Line guys tend to get decent deals.
Anything over 3-3.5 M and we could get one of those 6th Rd comp picks back...
That’s why his signing is noteworthy. He had a career high in sacks last season with 3.5 sacks on rotational snaps, which I’m thinking was enough to get a $2.5-3M deal and a comp pick for us. 3.5 sacks is what the average starting DT produces and Street did it as the 3rd DT in a rotation.

Oh no! We're losing all the guys who were a wet paper bag against the run and 29th in pressure percentage on passing plays. Oh nooooooooo! What will we dooooooooooo? Ohhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Our overall performance was down, but for the most part the players that generated the most QB pressures are the ones that left. I love Jordan, but the elephant in the room is that he had his worst year since his rookie season rushing the passer. His pressure rate has declined every year since 2019. He tends to rush more than twice as much as the next guy, so his numbers are going to weigh on the unit.

2019 - 20.0%
2020 - 14.3%
2021 - 11.4%
2022 - 9.3%

Edit to add that Jordan was only better than Tuttle last year at getting to the QB.

On top of Street’s career high #s last year, Eagles lost their star DT Hargrave in FA and they’re low on DE depth. Street could be getting a significant role at both spots in Philly enough to get a decent salary. But we’ll see when the contract #s come out

Our overall performance was down, but for the most part the players that generated the most QB pressures are the ones that left. I love Jordan, but the elephant in the room is that he had his worst year since his rookie season rushing the passer. His pressure rate has declined every year since 2019. He tends to rush more than twice as much as the next guy, so his numbers are going to weigh on the unit.

2019 - 20.0%
2020 - 14.3%
2021 - 11.4%
2022 - 9.3%

Edit to add that Jordan was only better than Tuttle last year at getting to the QB.

I love Jordan, but I do agree that the man is past his prime and so far both swings at getting him assistance or his eventual replacement have missed.

It is time for an influx of young and hopefully healthy talent. Finishing 29th in pressure percentage doesn't happen because one player fell off. The defensive line was just not good last season.

I love Jordan, but I do agree that the man is past his prime and so far both swings at getting him assistance or his eventual replacement have missed.

It is time for an influx of young and hopefully healthy talent. Finishing 29th in pressure percentage doesn't happen because one player fell off. The defensive line was just not good last season.
We‘ll see how it goes, but we didn’t lose three free agent DL players right when free agency kicked off because they were bad. I’m hoping we improve, but I also know it’s wishful thinking to sign a few backups and hope they produce as starters. I think they will easily make us forget about Street though.

As for run D, you‘ll rarely find any of our FA losses (excluding Street) as culprits. Here‘s all the big runs from week one.

1. Turner loses control of the C gap:
View attachment trim.D9051451-2FA7-4F99-9F9E-04C561D7667F.MOV

2. Street gets driven back by the combo block, opening a cutback lane
View attachment trim.F7265DA5-4318-413D-860C-18535B5957AD.MOV

3. Ringo gets driven back by the double, preventing Werner from coming downhill to assist Davis
View attachment trim.B4DA2EA3-0D57-4EE1-A930-2CBF51498FB7.MOV

4. No one has D gap here
View attachment trim.F196C328-E1AC-4CA7-925A-125667CD9E9A.MOV

5. Tuttle keeps his feet against the $100m guard, redirecting the runner. If Jordan doesn’t cross his blocker’s face it’s a tackle for loss, but he didn’t know Tuttle’s blocker went to the ground, eliminating the gap he’s trying to fill. Davis had a chance but had too much grass to cover.

View attachment trim.D4D299BE-B1E2-4003-8321-11CA26A4594E.MOV

We lost Justin Evans, to the Eagles? 😔
Parlayed a bottom depth deal, that had no signing bonus, with us into a 3rd Safety spot, including incentives, for a year with the Eagles.

SN: Eagles also have Cameron Tom at backup Center and Kaden Elliss’ younger brother Chris Elliss apart of their ILB depth

Meh… the FA loss that will hurt the most is gonna be Elliss.

The fact he went to the Turds makes it worse
Biggest FA loss is Elliss.
Biggest offseason loss, IMO, was Nielsen to the Falcons. An ascending, bright coach that knows our entire system very well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom