Eagles to release Cullen Jenkins (1 Viewer)

A year at the right price would help us in our move to 3-4, no doubt

And that is fine with me, but if the price is right, I don't see the problem looking at how he fits in RR's system. Would be great to have quality depth at any position on the line.

The problem is as a veteran the price is inevitably higher than a younger player, and he has no upside. The ceiling is hit.

I'd rather go with a cheaper and somewhat inferior young player as a reserve who at least has a shot at being a Rafael Bush, Junior Galette, Lance Moore, Chris Ivory, etc, than have Jenkins on the roster.

I think we may be set on the line aside from another "space-eater" at DT... we have enough DEs I think with:

Jordan
Smith
Hicks
Tom Johnson
Walker

I may be missing a couple guys... but we need depth behind Bunkley... or is Walker the depth?

Anyway... I vote "No" to Jenkins.

The problem is as a veteran the price is inevitably higher than a younger player, and he has no upside. The ceiling is hit.

I'd rather go with a cheaper and somewhat inferior young player as a reserve who at least has a shot at being a Rafael Bush, Junior Galette, Lance Moore, Chris Ivory, etc, than have Jenkins on the roster.

Correct but his ceiling his better than most of the players on our dline current talent level. It is just my opinion but I don't see the issue just giving him a workout, especially for this transition year.

Rafael Bush? Jury still out on him. I would not put him in that list yet.

That is how I feel about Will Smith and Cullen Jenkins. Would rather release Smith and have no desire to sign Jenkins.

Man, he's still one of the better interior rushers in the NFL. He may be more of a nickel player than anything right now. If we could get him for around $2M a year, that'd be GREAT.

Man, he's still one of the better interior rushers in the NFL. He may be more of a nickel player than anything right now. If we could get him for around $2M a year, that'd be GREAT.

I think with Ellis on his way out and no obvious replacement (Johnson maybe) he would be worth bringing in with an incentive laden contract to sweeten the rotation. The worst outcome is we cut him and lose nothing.

I think with Ellis on his way out and no obvious replacement (Johnson maybe) he would be worth bringing in with an incentive laden contract to sweeten the rotation. The worst outcome is we cut him and lose nothing.
Yeah, I agree. I would encourage people to check out his pass rushing snaps. Still can get to the QB and could be fresher with limited snap count.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom