Earliest People You Remember (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Was watching an episode of the Harry Connick Jr show and one of his guests was Henry Winkler.. for those under a certain age, Henry Winkler played an iconic character called Fonzie on the old show Happy Days.. It got me to thinking, when you’re very young, there are only a few people whose existence you are aware of beyond your family, schoolmates, etc.. For me, the only people i was aware of at the age of 4 or 5 were:

Jimmy Carter (POTUS at the time)
Elvis (he had just died)
The Pope
Fonzie
Mork (from another tv show called Mark & Mindy)
Bob Barker (The Price is Right)
The original Star Wars trilogy cast

Who were yours?

#old

I was in the 2nd grade at Columbia, Ms elementary school when President Kennedy was assassinated. It made quite an impression on me seeing authority figures like teachers crying at the news. We were marched class by class through the rotunda of the school where a portrait of JFK was mounted.

There earliest "public" memory that I have is Ronald Regan getting shot. Most of the memory is of my parents and older sisters being upset about something. This was very unusual in my house and so I asked what was wrong. My mom told me "A very bad man hurt the President." I didn't really grasp the moment beyond the realization that something bad had happened.

I remember that one of my sisters gave me a Queen cassette. I remember walking around my backyard listening to "Another One Bites the Dust." I don't know how old I was, but I was still very young.

Also Bozo the Clown used to be on WGNO. I remember being sick and staying home from school. I was so jealous of the kids that got to play that game with the buckets and the ping pong balls

I think at 5, I was aware of Franco Harris, Jimmy Carter, Elvis, Reggie Jackson, and KC and the Sunshine Band.

Jerry Mathers as The Beaver.

vm3hr-1513197925-10733-list_items-reboot-beaver.gif

the Duke boys. and maybe Ronald Reagan? But Dukes of Hazzard was my jam when I was like 3 and 4. I was kind of obsessed with it.

My dad pulled over Tom Wopat's truck once and let him off with a warning on condition that he sent me an autograph and he sent me a big glossy 8x10 of the whole cast that was signed by everybody. That thing was on my wall forever.

As said above

Captain Kangaroo, mr green jeans, bunny rabbit , me moose and ping pong balls

Buckskin Bill , played the our gang/little rascals , also played a game "hully gully , how many)

The people from laugh in , including Nixon

I think at 5, I was aware of Franco Harris, Jimmy Carter, Elvis, Reggie Jackson, and KC and the Sunshine Band.
LOL...I went to see KC and the Sunshine band at the Galaxy Club, RAF Mildenhall, England. Wined and dined my new bride. That was sometime in the eighties. Prolly the reason she's still hanging around after 35 years. :)

From TV shows and movies:

Dukes of Hazard
Incredible Hulk
Hawkeye from Mash
Tattoo from Fantasy Island
Mork and Mindy
BJ and the Bear
Arnold and Willis from Different Strokes
The Star Wars characters

Actual people:
Ronald Reagan
Pope John Paul II
Michael Jackson
Hall and Oates

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom