Early Bye = Blessing in disguise (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Lost Kelemete tonight and Byrd was injured momentarily as well. Not having Davison out there hurt us the most. We offered no resistance in the run game. We need this early bye to recuperate. We've lost so many bodies on defense and it's imperative that we get some starters back before its too late. Plenty of time to rebound. Stay positive Who Dat Nation, the season is still young!

its a little too late for the bye anyway. stats aren't on their side so they're toast.

i would like to see the unit more healthy and see what they have for next year.

its a little too late for the bye anyway. stats aren't on their side so they're toast.

i would like to see the unit more healthy and see what they have for next year.

The stats weren't in the side of the Saints staying in New Orleans. Stats weren't on the side of the Saints winning SB44. There are some things you just can't measure. Like a positive outlook in the face of adversity for instance.

I want to be hopeful, but this defense is really bad. I said in 2012 I didn't think it could get worse, but it stays the same. That season really kicked our butts more than I realized back then. I think they overreacted to it and signed a bunch of bad deals trying to rebound. Now we are in a cap mess and will have to rely on draft picks to dig us out. Sad to see Drew's career end this way. 7-9 two seasons in a row and only God knows where we will finish this year. It just doesn't feel like we are 1 more year away.

I want to be hopeful, but this defense is really bad. I said in 2012 I didn't think it could get worse, but it stays the same. That season really kicked our butts more than I realized back then. I think they overreacted to it and signed a bunch of bad deals trying to rebound. Now we are in a cap mess and will have to rely on draft picks to dig us out. Sad to see Drew's career end this way. 7-9 two seasons in a row and only God knows where we will finish this year. It just doesn't feel like we are 1 more year away.

Even with parity, this team is far from a contender in the next couple of years.

The infuriating thing is that with a qb like Brees you just have to have anything but a terrible defense to be competitive - and what do we get?

Literally historically bad defenses for 4 of the past five seasons. Such a bummer.

VokDm_s-200x150.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom