Early CBS Mock Draft have the Saints taking QB Zach Wilson out of BYU (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
If Saints go after a QB in draft, it should be Trevor Lawrence. How much are they willing to give up is the question.
What I think I leanred from the Saints reportedly going after Burrow, there was nothing we could have offered that Cincy woiuld have accpepted. When we learned that Miami was talking to Cincy about offering 3 1st rounders and they passed, there was no price a team could pay to pry Burrow away. I think we will see the exact same thing with Lawrence.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Andrew Luck. SP will pull him out of retirement. Ok ok, let me dream - lol. I was depressed Obrien got canned. I was hoping we could trade them Peat, a 1st and a 2nd for Watson. That sounds like an Obrien deal.

On a serious note about Wilson, will he have to do a Mormon mission for a few years post-graduation?
I don’t think he will serve a mission. I think he will go the same route as Steve Young and skip serving.

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
What I think I leanred from the Saints reportedly going after Burrow, there was nothing we could have offered that Cincy woiuld have accpepted. When we learned that Miami was talking to Cincy about offering 3 1st rounders and they passed, there was no price a team could pay to pry Burrow away. I think we will see the exact same thing with Lawrence.
Even if the top three or five teams in draft have no need for QB?

SubmarineMike

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm basing my future QB recommendations purely on arm strength, and only arm strength. That will put THAT discussion to bed.

GR#58

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Andrew Luck. SP will pull him out of retirement. Ok ok, let me dream - lol. I was depressed Obrien got canned. I was hoping we could trade them Peat, a 1st and a 2nd for Watson. That sounds like an Obrien deal.

On a serious note about Wilson, will he have to do a Mormon mission for a few years post-graduation?
No, if he was gonna serve a mission, he would've done that before he took a snap at BYU like Taysom did.

lapaz

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want the next Mahomes or Wilson, not the next Manziel.

bouxdag

Veteran
Reaction score
Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.
Most of those teams, if not all of them, given the chance to get Lawrence, would do exactly what the Cardinals did with Rosen to get Murray.

Maybe not the Falcons cause they're the Falcons...

inetnawlins

SAVE NOLA
Reaction score
I think we try Taysum and draft offensive line in the first. The team will run more, including option and needs consistent, solid play there even when the injury bug strikes.

TribuneUK

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Reminds me of last year, when most mocks had us taking a WR.

And year before when our first pick was consistently mocked as a TE.

Uh, nope. Not correct, guys.

J.T.

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
San Francisco, via La Place, via Galliano, via Mon
Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.
Most of those teams, if not all of them, given the chance to get Lawrence, would do exactly what the Cardinals did with Rosen to get Murray.

Maybe not the Falcons cause they're the Falcons...
If teams see Trevor Lawrence as a "can't miss" prospect. Many of those teams would draft him.

Some of those teams would likely be looking to trade the first overall pick. (I am personally not sold at all on Haskins or Darnold as legit franchise QB's.)

I think the Falcons would probably draft Lawrence. They can get out of Noodle Arm's contract after the 2021 season with $26.5 million dead cap. They could let Ryan sit in 2021 or roll with Trevor.

Detroit would be tempted to take Trevor. They can ditch Stafford after 2021 with about $25 million in dead cap.

What about the Eagles? They can ditch Wentz for $24.5 million dead cap after 2021 season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Week 6 early games open thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2020 Draft Preview - No. 2: Nick Friedell on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - October 23, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five-minute draft guide: Exploring the depth of 2020 class Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
2020 Draft Preview - No. 1: Jon Krawczynski on the New Orleans Pelicans podcast presented by SeatGeek - October 21, 2020 Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five-minute draft guide: Major SEC influence on 2020 class Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
This won’t be popular [but draft Mac Jones to replace Drew] Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 58
DerrickB Titans Face Potential Fine for COVID Violations (Will Not lose Draft Picks) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Five-minute draft guide: Big-name schools, big draft ranges Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB If We Have the Opportunity to Select One of these Guys in the 2021 Draft (It's Okay to Dream Thread) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Five-minute draft guide: Projected late-first-rounders Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five-minute draft guide: Late-lottery prospects Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five-minute draft guide: Consensus second half of lottery Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0
Five-minute draft guide: Consensus top half of lottery Pelicans RSS News Feeds 0