Early CBS Mock Draft have the Saints taking QB Zach Wilson out of BYU (1 Viewer)

Saints will go with a veteran next year

Andrew Luck. SP will pull him out of retirement. Ok ok, let me dream - lol. I was depressed Obrien got canned. I was hoping we could trade them Peat, a 1st and a 2nd for Watson. That sounds like an Obrien deal.

On a serious note about Wilson, will he have to do a Mormon mission for a few years post-graduation?

If Saints go after a QB in draft, it should be Trevor Lawrence. How much are they willing to give up is the question.

What I think I leanred from the Saints reportedly going after Burrow, there was nothing we could have offered that Cincy woiuld have accpepted. When we learned that Miami was talking to Cincy about offering 3 1st rounders and they passed, there was no price a team could pay to pry Burrow away. I think we will see the exact same thing with Lawrence.

Andrew Luck. SP will pull him out of retirement. Ok ok, let me dream - lol. I was depressed Obrien got canned. I was hoping we could trade them Peat, a 1st and a 2nd for Watson. That sounds like an Obrien deal.

On a serious note about Wilson, will he have to do a Mormon mission for a few years post-graduation?
I don’t think he will serve a mission. I think he will go the same route as Steve Young and skip serving.

What I think I leanred from the Saints reportedly going after Burrow, there was nothing we could have offered that Cincy woiuld have accpepted. When we learned that Miami was talking to Cincy about offering 3 1st rounders and they passed, there was no price a team could pay to pry Burrow away. I think we will see the exact same thing with Lawrence.

Even if the top three or five teams in draft have no need for QB?

I'm basing my future QB recommendations purely on arm strength, and only arm strength. That will put THAT discussion to bed.

No, if he was gonna serve a mission, he would've done that before he took a snap at BYU like Taysom did.

I want the next Mahomes or Wilson, not the next Manziel.

Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.

Most of those teams, if not all of them, given the chance to get Lawrence, would do exactly what the Cardinals did with Rosen to get Murray.

Maybe not the Falcons cause they're the Falcons...

I think we try Taysum and draft offensive line in the first. The team will run more, including option and needs consistent, solid play there even when the injury bug strikes.

Reminds me of last year, when most mocks had us taking a WR.

And year before when our first pick was consistently mocked as a TE.

Uh, nope. Not correct, guys.

Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.
Most of those teams, if not all of them, given the chance to get Lawrence, would do exactly what the Cardinals did with Rosen to get Murray.

Maybe not the Falcons cause they're the Falcons...

If teams see Trevor Lawrence as a "can't miss" prospect. Many of those teams would draft him.

Some of those teams would likely be looking to trade the first overall pick. (I am personally not sold at all on Haskins or Darnold as legit franchise QB's.)

I think the Falcons would probably draft Lawrence. They can get out of Noodle Arm's contract after the 2021 season with $26.5 million dead cap. They could let Ryan sit in 2021 or roll with Trevor.

Detroit would be tempted to take Trevor. They can ditch Stafford after 2021 with about $25 million in dead cap.

What about the Eagles? They can ditch Wentz for $24.5 million dead cap after 2021 season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom