Early CBS Mock Draft have the Saints taking QB Zach Wilson out of BYU (1 Viewer)

Saints will go with a veteran next year

A million things would have to go the Saints way for that to happen. A non-NFC team would have to land at #1 and already have 'their guy', then there's the rest of the teams offering the same king's ransom to get him, and even that's working under the assumption that the Saints pick is high enough for said team to consider. The Texans would be an ideal trade partner here, assuming they keep tumbling the way they are.

I wouldn't put it passed this staff, but it's just not super realistic.
i believe the dolphins actually own the Texans first round pick next year

This guy looked freakin amazing on Frida against LaTech. Not in a we looked bad way either...this kid made some NFL Sunday throws. Saw a stat he was 18/18 in a bowl game. He doesn’t turn it over; he’s accurate, and looked every bit the part. He could be the steal of thr draft

A million things would have to go the Saints way for that to happen. A non-NFC team would have to land at #1 and already have 'their guy', then there's the rest of the teams offering the same king's ransom to get him, and even that's working under the assumption that the Saints pick is high enough for said team to consider. The Texans would be an ideal trade partner here, assuming they keep tumbling the way they are.

I wouldn't put it passed this staff, but it's just not super realistic.

Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.

Most of the teams that have losing records already have QB that they need. Miami, Giants, Eagles, Jets, Washington, Lions, Falcons, Texans, Cowboys and Chargers. So the top picks in draft may not be in need for a QB.
Excellent. One might fall to us or we can trade up into the mid first round to get our guy!

He does seem to have a very good arm and a nice deep throw but is that all he has? Will big plays like that are nice, defenses in the NFL are a lot better than the PAC 12 (or whatever they are now). Can he throw the quick timing routes, can he read defenses, can he make accurate throws? I’m not saying I don’t like the kid, I just haven’t seen enough to say “Yeah he’s the one we need!” A highlight reel is just that and nothing more. Im
Sure Payton, Ireland, and the scouting Dept will do a lot of in depth looking into QB’s. A lot will depend on how much Jamison learns this season and what he’s going to want money wise next year. That will have A LOT to do with who we pick in the 1st round.

He does seem to have a very good arm and a nice deep throw but is that all he has? Will big plays like that are nice, defenses in the NFL are a lot better than the PAC 12 (or whatever they are now). Can he throw the quick timing routes, can he read defenses, can he make accurate throws? I’m not saying I don’t like the kid, I just haven’t seen enough to say “Yeah he’s the one we need!” A highlight reel is just that and nothing more. Im
Sure Payton, Ireland, and the scouting Dept will do a lot of in depth looking into QB’s. A lot will depend on how much Jamison learns this season and what he’s going to want money wise next year. That will have A LOT to do with who we pick in the 1st round.
Sorry not a fan of keeping Winston. After 4 or 5 years already, that is who he is. Just not consistent enough. He can give you some good numbers but him behind center still makes me nervous.

Sorry not a fan of keeping Winston. After 4 or 5 years already, that is who he is. Just not consistent enough. He can give you some good numbers but him behind center still makes me nervous.
That’s why I said it would be up to what Payton see’s in him this season, how much he matures, progresses, learns, and changes bad habits. Winston has all the physical tools to be a great QB in the NFL and if he can learn to correct his bad habits and learn to read defenses better Payton can scheme an Offense to suit him.

If he shows that he hasn’t done these things then I’m sure we’ll see it in the draft of FA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom