Early CBS Mock Draft have the Saints taking QB Zach Wilson out of BYU (1 Viewer)

Reminds me of last year, when most mocks had us taking a WR.

And year before when our first pick was consistently mocked as a TE.

Uh, nope. Not correct, guys.
It’s true. I remember this time last year Tua was still considered the #1 overall pick and Burrow was like a 2nd prospect.

blast from the past (to LSU fans) Lowell Narcisse is now in the game for UTSA.

I'm certainly no expert, but based on what I saw today, Wilson has decent poise, but as far as athleticism, doesn't appear to be worth an early pick. Sounds like he is a hard worker and a quick study, but what I saw against UTSA was average at best.

Narcisse (though inconsistent) looked more impressive for UTSA, against what is considered to be a decent BYU defense, when he came in.

Not an LSU homer...just expression my opinion on what I saw.

I'm certainly no expert, but based on what I saw today, Wilson has decent poise, but as far as athleticism, doesn't appear to be worth an early pick. Sounds like he is a hard worker and a quick study, but what I saw against UTSA was average at best.

Narcisse (though inconsistent) looked more impressive for UTSA, against what is considered to be a decent BYU defense, when he came in.

Not an LSU homer...just expression my opinion on what I saw.
Narcisse came in cold and looked great. I would like to see what happens with him over the next few games as teams see more tape on him. I had no idea he went JUCO before booking back up with Wilson at UTSA. There is a reason LSU offered him, and today gave you a glimpse of what LSU saw.

As for Wilson, they mentioned something during the broadcast today. If any PAC-10, or Big 10/12 teams have an opponent bail, BYU is on speed dial with all of them to secure any open games possible. If Wilson can get on the field with opponents who will be going to the NFL that would help him earn street cred.

He is playing tonight. He is doing pretty well (his defense isn’t giving him any help, and his oline has had two guys go down), but the Houston QB is even more impressive. Must watch tv.
I prefer Wilson

I saw that Walter Football's latest 2 round mock has Trask going to us in the second
If Trask continues to impress, he won't last till the second round, much less the bottom half of it

I saw that Walter Football's latest 2 round mock has Trask going to us in the second
If Trask continues to impress, he won't last till the second round, much less the bottom half of it
Looks like this draft could potentially be another 5 first-round QB draft, with Lawrence and Fields most likely being top-5 locks, Trask and Wilson playing their way into the first round, and the Lance hype machine just out there. Although he would be the one to fall out of the first round if any of them are with no season to show what he can do unless he shows out at the combine.

Saints will go with a veteran next year
Not sure about that, because they will need to consider the salary cap. If the Saints do not make a QB their priority this upcoming draft, forget about any current top flight veteran coming here. We will be stuck with a Swiss army knife and a W eater, who also likes crab legs, as our two options. Neither sound too appetizing to me.

Last edited:
I watched his game yesterday and came away very impressed. He showed accuracy, poise, mobility and even led the team back yesterday. If he keeps up his level of play, he will be a 1st round pick for sure.

I hope you are watching his game vs Houston. There were at least two Mahomes level throws.

Kid is good.

Don't sleep on Mac Jones for Alabama.

He's looking like Tom Brady
I hope you are watching his game vs Houston. There were at least two Mahomes level throws.

Kid is good.
I have my eye on Mac Jones too, who has been looking Brady-esque of late.

Luke Wilson reminds me of Derek Carr.

Trask only reminds me of Trubisky or Elvis Grbac.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom