Early Doucet (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Do you think if he is available in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd(probably not gonna happen) we go and get this guy? I think he will be a great pickup to whoever drafts him, I had a chance to watch him play high school ball in st. martinsville and he is till this day the best high school athlete i have seen play and i have been to alot of hs games.

:homer:

(i'd like him personally, any WR the staff thinks will contribute but another WR.)

I mean he had a pretty dissappointing season, given the injuries, and his measurables weren't exactly thrilling. That said, he has a good shot to be drafted in the first round and he would be a tempting value in the 2nd round, let alone the 3rd round if he fell to us.

He was in front of me at the LSU spring game. He didnt look that big of a guy but was solid muscle. He would be a good upgrade but man we have so many WR.

Still though 1 more would never heart anything, i like him as more of a a 2 receiver and we really dont have a good 2 we just have alot of good slot receivers

i played against him in high school and followed him in college. The guy is special and is worth a chance after the first round.

The thing about him is that he isn't really a compliment to what we have now. He's not a consistent deep threat guy, and if Meachem becomes what we all hope he can become, he will be everything we need in a #2 receiver. Doucet could become a successful starting wide receiver in the NFL, but I am not really sure if he compliments what we have right now. In theory, Meachem should be an excellent compliment to Colston.

The thing about him is that he isn't really a compliment to what we have now. He's not a consistent deep threat guy, and if Meachem becomes what we all hope he can become, he will be everything we need in a #2 receiver. Doucet could become a successful starting wide receiver in the NFL, but I am not really sure if he compliments what we have right now. In theory, Meachem should be an excellent compliment to Colston.

I've heard from numerous sites that meachem would work at the #2 wr spot but would be way more of a threat at the slot, either way with meachem healthy i think it not only helps our passing attack it also helps the running game too in my opinion

I think he'll go higher than a lot of people think... He runs good routes, has good hands, and CAN block. His ceiling may not be as high as some of the other prospects but he is more polished than a lot of them.

Meachem is only a compliment if he makes it on the field. I have given him his pass for last year, starting in training camp its put up or shut up for that kid. I don't think he is a bust yet, but he really has alot to prove after not showing up ready to play last season.

If we were to draft a WR he would be high on my list of guys that could be there in rounds 2-5

I think he'll go higher than a lot of people think... He runs good routes, has good hands, and CAN block. His ceiling may not be as high as some of the other prospects but he is more polished than a lot of them.

I think he is the rookie wr this year that you think will be a bust be actually goes out and has a better rookie season than any season he has had at LSU.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom