Early look at 2007 free agency (1 Viewer)

Do you think Charles Grant will leave? I agree we won't over-pay him. If so we will need another DE, maybe a vet here, since Nincovich will be recovering from surgery and Whitehead is not an every-down player.

It wouldn't surprise me if Grant moved home, and we had to face him twice a year.....

Never too soon to think FA for the following year!

Does anyone think that Shanle will be worth keeping? Clark on the goal line is worth keeping too. Letting Grant go would hurt, big time. You can't just look at his numbers because he makes 2 blockers account for him. That will change if he goes. Hollis Thomas needs to be here for 2 more years.

That being said, we can make a stud DT a draft priority and have him play in a back-up role next year and start in 2 years.

Assuming we keep MM and let Freddie and Craft go, we will need a stud FA CB. Clements will be tough to get. The competition will be huge to get his services, but he may like our situation (being a good team, with good coaches and playing indoors and a very good #2 cb), so if the offers are even, why wouldn't he consider us? Asante would be a great addition if we can't land Clements. Add a stud CB with our first or second round pick that we could use in our nickel packages, and we will be golden.

Adalius Thomas is Payton's kind of player. He is so good and so versatile. I bet you that if he doesn't sign with the Ravens, Payton and Loomis will make a run at him. We could make another run at Claiborne this year. Claiborne would be an upgrade at MLB. Briggs will be back in Chicago. They won't let him go. In fact, keeping Briggs might be the biggest factor in freeing up one or more of their CB's for free agency.

There are some quality players out there in '07 and I have faith that Loomis and Payton will do what it takes to sure up the CB, LB and DT positions next year. The keys will be getting H. Thomas, C. Grant back in black and gold and letting F. Thomas and Jason Craft move on. Those 2 guys will account for nearly $5 mill next year! That will be about what Clements asks for. We will probably ask Joe Horn to restructure a bit as well as B. Young. They are going to account for nearly $8 mill. next year. That will help too.

Supposedly Chicago and Briggs have two very different ideas of what he's worth. My buddy the Bears fan thinks that Briggs is as good as gone. Briggs is kinda unhappy. He's just a fan, though. No connections that I know of.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom