Early look at 2007 free agency (1 Viewer)

There are a lot of excellent names on that list. I could sit here and make a wishlist out but there is no sense in doing that since more than half of these guys will most likely get resigned before the Saints ever even get a chance of looking at them.

My wish list.

Clements
Briggs
Keep Grant

and if Tony Gonzales becomes a free agent I would mind him either.

I did say it was a wish list:D

nate would be an improvement for the secondary but his asking price would be high...cato june fits into tony dungy's defensive scheme well...briggs is more athletic and i think he'd be a better fit for us and last i checked ken hamlin was pretty good but if he's still good i don't know

Payton seems to have a thing for nfc east players. Are any of those on the list?

Ken Hamlin could come in handy too. I know I know, safety isnt a great need but he would bring some attitude.

We need a guy in the secondary that has a nack for the ball. Someone that the QB would be afraid to throw near. Someone that can hit like a LB but run with the WR's.

There are about 30 other teams looking for that guy, too...

We are in a position now to do what good teams do and that is building thru the draft. I say we get one big FA and then draft best player available. We can also fill holes by acquiring mid-level FA for depth and role players. If I were to pick up one major FA out of Briggs, Thomas, Samuel and Clements; it would have to be Briggs. Briggs is exactly the type of player we need and would give us more bang for the buck. Then we can draft one of those athletic CBs in the draft.

But if we were to go CB in FA it would have to be Samuel. Samuel has alot more upside than Clements. He's progressed alot faster and produces alot more. But as I stated before, we'd be better off with Briggs. CB is a deep position this year in the draft and we are going to be picking in the mid to late range.

If the Saints can progress to at least the NFC Championship game it'll make them a pretty attractive prospect to most of the high end players.

I would take a risk with Daniel Graham(TE). They say he has suffered some injuries But so has our TE's. The plus is he is young and when healthy he is very good.

Thomas and Briggs are BEASTS! Hmm, I'm curious if they go after another LB in FA; we already have 4 new ones. Shanle has played well and Fujita's a likely Pro-Bowler. If we DO get a LB in the offseason, it may be a MLB in the draft, like Buster Davis. Don't get me wrong, though, I'd be absolutely thrilled if we got one of those guys.

This is nice to pass time with, but the actual list of free agents will look a lot different. Many of the bigger names here will either get new deals or get tagged. Plus, there will be a lot of new names that will be added to this list when teams cut them loose. Fred Smoot comes to mind, not that I particularly want to see him in the B&G

briggs will be afc bound, i think those teams tend to covet the "unsung LB stars" more than most NFC teams. Just a hunch but other than lavar back in the day and of course urlacher I cant recall an NFC team paying big bucks for that up and comer thats not exactly guarenteed to be a star on his own, but i could be wrong as Im tired and sick.

But I am all about is going after gonzo like there is no tomorrow, I think payton has been very dissapointed with our TE cast when he got here and its apparent it would be a huge part of our pffanse if we had one and of course you know Drew would be all about having a big amazing tight end to throw to again along with his new found sure handed receivers!

Besides that I feel asante samuel has a much bigger upside than nate clemmens whom I think is going to get a lot more money than he is worth by some desperate team this offseason.

But I think our STEAL of the off season would be picking up Kris Dielman from the chargers. He'll prolly get paid big time by the chargers but if not he would improve our young line 5 fold with his work ethic and amazing motor and attitude. Yes LT is great but he always has an extra bit of space to make moves and decisions when he runs right behind this guy!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom