Early missed PI (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Taquan Smith was bearhugged on goalline early in game. Aikman says good no call. Total BS.

thats when i knew they were gonna let them play. I understand the defender has access to his spot but you can't wrap your arms around the receiver.

When the league flips the switch to legalize PI, the Saints just deflate. Going back to at least the 2013 regular-season game at New England. Not much to say ... the Saints benefit when the league favors scoring, and suffers when the league tells the refs to "let 'em play".

Taquan Smith was bearhugged on goalline early in game. Aikman says good no call. Total BS.
TQS needs to be more phyiscal. If he tries to play through that contact, he has a chance to draw a flag.

But he just stopped. I don't know if it was a "good no-call" but it was understandable. Much more so than the offensive PI they waived off later in the game because "the defender initiated contact."

Ted Ginn was also bear hugged on a critical third down play in the second half. It happened right in front of me. I was following Ginn with my eyes on that play instead of staying with the ball. He ran a seven yard button hook and as he turned to face Drew, the defender literally put his arms around Ginn and held him. The ball was thrown to Ginn but bounced harmlessly away. No call.

There is a difference in letting them play(which means you let ticky tacky stuff go), and ignoring the obvious, play changing stuff. This officiating crew was incompetent.

Edit: Okay, the post right above this is the play I am talking about.

When the league flips the switch to legalize PI, the Saints just deflate. Going back to at least the 2013 regular-season game at New England. Not much to say ... the Saints benefit when the league favors scoring, and suffers when the league tells the refs to "let 'em play".
This is a good point. Our receivers are not physical enough out there. Win the rules are what they are that usually benefits us but when they decide to "let them play" like we saw in games against Dallas, Seattle and a few others over the years it becomes a weakness. The problem is that the league seems to have certain sets of rules for different games depending on the situation. A total lack of consistency.

I'm glad someone posted this. This one is just as obvious. There's a good chance we score points on that drive, even if it's just a field goal. We ended up punting, forcing a three and out and punting again after Armstead's holding call on first down.

I remember that play and it should have been called. That being said I can get past that because it did not directly change the outcome of the game. The non call directly affected the outcome of that far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom