Early rookie impressions from around the league (2 Viewers)

I think Mack ends up stashed on IR. I think Cobbs ends up on the practice squad. I have a feeling that we will be carrying an extra safety/cb.

I actually think that Cobb might have a leg up on Kirkwood because of his injury at this point but I could be mistaken. Kirkwood hasn't played much and I fear that he might be the greater risk for IR than Cobbs is for the PS.

Arnold's improved play might ultimately render Mack expendable.

Im kinda bummed about missing out on Jamel Dean at CB. He is even more athletically gifted than Latimore.

I was hoping the Falcons would draft Jimmy Moreland in the 5th. He could be special. Still can’t believe he lasted until the 7th round. He had 10 INT’s in OTA’s, 7 in training camp so far and in his first game had 7 tackles, 3 PD and 2 FF’s
Just curious, what made you join a division rival sports forum? I'm always eager to know

Damn if what your saying is legit that’s freaking impressive

After seeing his film you could see his jump on routes is simply special.

Jimmy Moreland no longer needs a label on the front of his helmet displaying his last name. After standing out throughout offseason workouts and training camp, the seventh-round rookie corner transferred his playmaking abilities to football's biggest stage.
In his professional debut, James Madison's all-time interception leaders recorded five solo tackles, three pass breakups and two forced fumbles, one of which completed an inspiring goal-line stand.
"He was active," head coach Jay Gruden said following the Redskins' 30-10 loss to the Cleveland Browns on Thursday. "He's been active the entire camp. He did some good things. I'm glad the game wasn't too fast for him."

Moreland's rise to becoming "The People's Corner" began shortly after the draft. After recording three interceptions during a single OTA session -- something defensive coordinator Greg Manusky has never seen in his nearly two decades of coaching -- his impact stayed consistent throughout offseason workouts. The 5-foot-11, 182-pound defensive back just had a nose for the football.

Moreland's primary role within the defense is not yet defined, as he played on the outside and in the slot in the preseason opener. The clearer path to more playing time seems to be in the slot, where him and Fabian Moreau have been working with the starters during training camp. Veterans Josh Norman and Quinton Dunbar are currently the listed starting corners.
Still, Gruden may have a difficult time keeping Moreland off the field, especially if the young corner continues to perform like he did Thursday.
"He made some plays," Gruden said of Moreland, "so yeah I was pretty impressed.

Giant fans should be really encouraged what they are seeing from D. Jones. His footwork, mechanics and ball placement been great. He is looking like the best pro QB from the draft class so far.

I would say Ryan Finley (Bengals) has been one of the best QB's. I also like what Patrick Laird(Dolphins) is doing. Was hoping we would pick him up. As far as WR's Jakobi Meyers(N.E.) and Preston Williams(Dolphins) are looking good. Mack Wilson(Browns) and Ty Summers(G.B.) at LB are looking good. Still can not believe Mack Wilson lasted to 5th round. Well besides getting a good WR looks like N.E. got a good edge rusher in Chase Winovich.

Not to argue a point, but to be specific. Until I see Butler do something in a live game; be it with Brees, or Bridgewater, I will hold my praise for him. OTH, Grayson has a leg up as he had arguably the best catch of any receiver, thus far, from Teddy. Add in his special teams ability to return kickoffs, the gunner on punts and has the ability to be the first man downfield on kickoff coverage, forcing the returner to change direction into the strength of the coverage, he has a leg up on Butler. JMO, at this point.
So I guess we are using different metrics. A catch in a game may be memorable, but for me it doesn't overshadow the rest of his performances in practice and so on. Particularly when it comes against lesser competition. If he's still repping with the third team, then he's not got a leg up on anyone repping with the first and second team.

The sole caveat to that being if he is a solid gold special teams maven. So you may need to educate me: Is he running down kicks and covering punts for the team, or are you projecting his ability to do so? Because the latter doesn't win guys roster spots.

I would say Ryan Finley (Bengals) has been one of the best QB's. I also like what Patrick Laird(Dolphins) is doing. Was hoping we would pick him up. As far as WR's Jakobi Meyers(N.E.) and Preston Williams(Dolphins) are looking good. Mack Wilson(Browns) and Ty Summers(G.B.) at LB are looking good. Still can not believe Mack Wilson lasted to 5th round. Well besides getting a good WR looks like N.E. got a good edge rusher in Chase Winovich.

Forgot about Finley. Looking advanced with his pocket movement. Bengals may have something there.

Jazz Ferguson as an UDFA has impressed thus far out in Seattle. Some of you may remember that he started his "career" at LSU but flunked out.

Daniel Jones looks really really good. I think they will ride with Eli this year out of respect, but I see a Mahomes/Alex Smith situation playing out next year for them.

Hope Joodas doesn't hurt his arm patting himself on the back.

Daniel Jones looks really really good. I think they will ride with Eli this year out of respect, but I see a Mahomes/Alex Smith situation playing out next year for them.
I was also really high on Jones too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom