Saints Early Saints Final 53 Prediction (1 Viewer)

OL Terron, Ram, Peat, Warford, McCoy, Ruiz, Ola, Easton. Throckmorton PS, Tom PS, Clapp PS

I thought only the “active” game day roster and PS expanded... not the 53 man. I’ve been wrong before though...

If that is the case, then I expect Granderson and Easton to make the final squad.

Hardee could realistically be in a battle with Bademosi and Dwayne Washington for 1 spot.
JT Gray is a virtual lock. He’s rated as one of (if not THE) best special teamers in the NFL.

The need for another CB... specifically a capable boundary CB for depth is evident.
Wikipedia says that the protected roster is 53 with 12 practice squad. On game day two practice squad players can be added to the 53 making a game day roster of 55 players of which 48 can be active if there are 8 active offensive lineman Only 47 active if not 8 offensive linemen. It appears two players would be required to go back to the practice squad after the game leaving only 53 players protected from being picked up by other teams.

WR and CB seem really thin on viable depth.

Boundary CB and WR could become MAJOR needs on any given play.

QB - Drew Brees, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston (3)

RB - Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Dwayne Washington (3)

FB - Mike Burton, Tommy Stevens (H-Back) (2)

WR - Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, TreQuan Smith, Deonte Harris, Marquez Callaway, Krishawn Hogan (6)

TE - Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Adam Trautman (3)

OL - Armstead, Ramczyk, McCoy, Peat, Ruiz, Warford, Clapp, Throckmorton (8)

DL - Cam Jordan, Davenport, Onyemata, Rankins, Hendrickson, Brown, Tuttle, Edwards Jr. (8)

LB - Demario Davis, Zack Baun, Anzalone, Kiko Alonso, Kaden Elliss, Craig Robertson (6)

CB - Lattimore, JackRabbit, PJ Williams, P-Rob, Nichols, Hardee (6)

Safety - Marcus Williams, CJGJ, Malcolm Jenkins, JT Gray, DJ Swearinger (5)

K - B.N. Lutz
P - The Leg
LS - Zach Wood (3)

*Keith Washington or a yet to be signed vet CB could replace Nichols in the CB group*

Not bad. That WR group will be interesting to watch.

I also wonder about Granderson and Spence. I could see them on the roster.

You can pretty much throw Stevens where ever it makes you feel the best.

Says the guy with Throckmorton making the team over Nick Easton.

Touché!

I’m all about the quality depth, but some $$ will have to be freed up, and Warford is a better player than Easton. With Ruiz, McCoy, and Clapp all capable to play C, that part of Easton’s game won’t be as valuable. IMO.

What I worry the most is injuries in training camp... if we can sustain minimal damage.. there is no reason why this team can't be a 1 or 2 loss team.

Does anybody ever watch a Saints game and exclaim "Man that JT Gray is one terrific special teams player"?.

I don't see Hogan beating out Butler or even Humphrey and with Calliway and Johnson in the mix his lack of production when in the lineup was not about his ability to play the position but his enthusiastic blocking Hogan is not a lock to me.

Also we must consider Etheridge on the OL, a big 6'4 330lb guard who made the 53.

Really? If the Saints don’t gain a considerable amount of $$$ back, and he’s entering the final year of his contract anyways... why not just hang on to him and carry invaluable quality IOL depth on a team that has Peat and Armstead, who routinely miss time every season?

I guess we now know the answer. To free up money to sign someone else.

QB-Brees, Hill, Winston
FB-Ortiz
RB-Murray, AK41,Washington
WR-CGM, E17, Smith, Harris, Butler, Humphrey
TE-Cook, Hill, Trautman
LT-Armstead
LG-Peat, Easton
C-Ruiz, Tom
RG-McCoy, McGhee
RT-Ram,Clapp

DE-Cam J, Davenport, Hunt
DT-Rankins, Onyemata, Brown, Tuttle,
LBERS- DD, Anzalone, Kiko, Baun, Robertson
CB-Lattimore, Jenkins, P. ROB, PJ Williams, Nichols, Hardee
SS-MJ27, JT Gray, Swearinger
FS-M. Will, CGJ, Hampton

K-Lutz
P-Morestead
LS-Zach Woods
Athlete-Stevens

Last edited:
QB - Drew Brees, Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston (3)

RB - Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray, Dwayne Washington (3)

FB - Mike Burton, Tommy Stevens (H-Back) (2)

WR - Michael Thomas, Emmanuel Sanders, TreQuan Smith, Deonte Harris, Marquez Callaway, Krishawn Hogan (6)

TE - Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Adam Trautman (3)

OL - Armstead, Ramczyk, McCoy, Peat, Ruiz, Warford, Clapp, Throckmorton (8)

DL - Cam Jordan, Davenport, Onyemata, Rankins, Hendrickson, Brown, Tuttle, Edwards Jr. (8)

LB - Demario Davis, Zack Baun, Anzalone, Kiko Alonso, Kaden Elliss, Craig Robertson (6)

CB - Lattimore, JackRabbit, PJ Williams, P-Rob, Nichols, Hardee (6)

Safety - Marcus Williams, CJGJ, Malcolm Jenkins, JT Gray, DJ Swearinger (5)

K - B.N. Lutz
P - The Leg
LS - Zach Wood (3)

*Keith Washington or a yet to be signed vet CB could replace Nichols in the CB group*

Yeah makes sense, although I could def see Keith Washington on the roster.

Keith is going to surprise a lot of people in camp. My man is sticky in man coverage.

I could really see him making a name for himself in this defense

P.S Washington has some serious competition on his hands with Tony Jones Jr. His running style is a lot like MI22, and is a very good ST player

Easton is a lock, I think granderson and Emanuel butler get on as well and possibly Tony jones

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom