Early Saints Mock Draft: Dane Brugler has the Saints taking Mazi Smith, DT, from Michigan (2nd Rd) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Brugler states that the Saints can always take a QB with their second-round pick, but if they are not impressed by prospects like Hendon Hooker or any players at the position, they may select a defensive tackle.

Any thoughts?

Read today that he’s facing a felony weapons charge.
Udfa camp beast nominee. We got Jackson on thr PS we dont need more DL unless they are another Cam Jordan. Turner and Davenport are clones. OL needs to be a Priority in FA. Flame me but I'd flip Ram for Picks double down on OL and get a WR/RB. Of im Loomis I build a team that can compete right away when QB1 is found. Jackson is a FA this Year, Trevor Lawrence could want out of Jacksonville.

It's too early to predict the first round, much less the second round.

The thing to watch now is who will be the Decider(s) - people incentivized to eke out an additional win or two for a mediocre 2023 season, or to build for 2024-25 when we will have more draft and FA options?

Davenport will be free agent and Jordan is getting up there in age. Defensive End will be a need. I would like to see the Saints consider signing Kaden Elliss who is also a free agent. He's proved to be a steady player on the field.

It appears we have 3 LB's who play well, if the Saints move on from DA, should go try to get a competent 4th LB in FA and switch to a 3-4 defense under a new staff. Werner is a legit playmaker. Ellis can pressure the QB and Davis is your current sack leader. I know, easier said than done and probably won't happen. I don't wanna see Ellis coming off the field at this point.

Udfa camp beast nominee. We got Jackson on thr PS we dont need more DL unless they are another Cam Jordan. Turner and Davenport are clones. OL needs to be a Priority in FA. Flame me but I'd flip Ram for Picks double down on OL and get a WR/RB. Of im Loomis I build a team that can compete right away when QB1 is found. Jackson is a FA this Year, Trevor Lawrence could want out of Jacksonville.

I don't see Dav and Turner as skillset clones, but they are the same archetype for physical traits. Dav's skillset is better suited for LDE (Cam's position) and Turner for RDE.

I do agree about the O-line. Ram seems to have regressed both in performance and penalties, but are both of those attributed to lingering injuries? Not sure. Lewis Kidd looks like he may be a guy with development, is he a future Peat replacement or with is mauling style is he better suited on the right side.

We absolutely need another WR and RB. We don't have a YAC playmaker at WR. Olave is awesome, but he's not a YAC guy and that's okay. Merritt's game is YAC so maybe he's the guy or a guy, but it would be nice to grab one in the draft. RB depth behind AK is nonexistent.

It appears we have 3 LB's who play well, if the Saints move on from DA, should go try to get a competent 4th LB in FA and switch to a 3-4 defense under a new staff. Werner is a legit playmaker. Ellis can pressure the QB and Davis is your current sack leader. I know, easier said than done and probably won't happen. I don't wanna see Ellis coming off the field at this point.
We'd need a true NT also. We don't even have a decent 1-tech, at the moment

Never heard of Dan Burglar, but did you know that the only 2 truly good NFL QB starters the Saints have ever drafted in the 56 years are Archie Manning and Marc Bulger?

This article's list has alot of chucklers.

Never heard of Dan Burglar, but did you know that the only 2 truly good NFL QB starters the Saints have ever drafted in the 56 years are Archie Manning and Marc Bulger?

This article's list has alot of chucklers.

In other words, the Saints are due to draft a stellar QB in the draft. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom