Earth (1 Viewer)

We just got some snow too, about four inches and some rail as well. It was nice.

:)

I have an update on the fake owl I put up in the yard. See the post above about that.

The neighborhood owls figured out that the fake owl was fake very quickly, after just that one night of uproar they calmed down about it and went back to their places and are doing what they normally do.

All other birds however have not figured out that owl is fake and they've not been coming near the house and barn.
All I want to scare away are the woodpeckers and that has been the result, but all the other birds are terrified of that fake owl as well.

I'm reconsidering, I might take the owl down because I don't want all the birds gone, just the woodpeckers. That owl is even scaring the Hawks and Ravens away and I did not expect that.
If television taught me anything it's that the mortal enemy of the woodpecker is the walrus.

Get a walrus and it'll take care of the woodpecker problem.

im sorry i dont know how cant post things in any way ive known.

There was a "t" missing in your link, I put the "t" in and then it posted it as a link to the Twitter Event about the toxic gold mines in Peru.

I've found that the board software doesn't know how deal with Twitter Events. It does know how to handle ordinary Tweets, so guess getting it to post a bare link is the best it can do.

Last edited:
i think this 'war' is a distraction from the dire environmental conditions humans face.
look this way.

i think this 'war' is a distraction from the dire environmental conditions humans face.
look this way.
No Putins shot his wad. We'll kick his arse seven days from sideways if it comes down to it

No Putins shot his wad. We'll kick his arse seven days from sideways if it comes down to it
i always thot the prior WH of four years was a distraction from the severity of the
environment, he was a distraction from what was normal daily life and news
which iirc at one time discussed environmental issues, re farming, IRR, resources
and quality of life Improving via the help of both the public and their gov.

but then im from the late 60's ---we always thot the 60's began with JFK and ended
april 29, 1975.---and we did work together back then. we began an environmental
movement. organics farming water etc.
then raygun came along and grew us wallymart...and life changed.

people who worked together were then called bad names and capitalism reigned
down like Katrina.

putey the freak may have shot his wad but he aint done yet. he still has wad.
he prolly does not have a butler at this point.

imagine how he hides.

i always thot the prior WH of four years was a distraction from the severity of the
environment, he was a distraction from what was normal daily life and news
which iirc at one time discussed environmental issues, re farming, IRR, resources
and quality of life Improving via the help of both the public and their gov.

but then im from the late 60's ---we always thot the 60's began with JFK and ended
april 29, 1975.---and we did work together back then. we began an environmental
movement. organics farming water etc.
then raygun came along and grew us wallymart...and life changed.

people who worked together were then called bad names and capitalism reigned
down like Katrina.

putey the freak may have shot his wad but he aint done yet. he still has wad.
he prolly does not have a butler at this point.

imagine how he hides.
No man its 40 years now. The Russian army has no clue. We'd curb stomp them if we pulled out the big guns. What makes
America great is we only did it once and that was to end a world war.

Ice Shelf Collapses In Previously Stable East Antarctica​

An ice shelf the size of New York City "presumably had been there for thousands of years and it’s not ever going to be there again."
Seth Borenstein
Mar. 25, 2022, 02:02 PM EDT
An ice shelf the size of New York City has collapsed in East Antarctica, an area long thought to be stable and not hit much by climate change, concerned scientists said Friday.
The collapse, captured by satellite images, marked the first time in human history that the frigid region had an ice shelf collapse. It happened at the beginning of a freakish warm spell last week when temperatures soared more than 70 degrees (40 Celsius) warmer than normal in some spots of East Antarctica. Satellite photos show the area had been shrinking rapidly the last couple of years, and now scientists say they wonder if they have been overestimating East Antarctica’s stability and resistance to global warming that has been melting ice rapidly on the smaller western side and the vulnerable peninsula.

Ice Shelf Collapses In Previously Stable East Antarctica​

An ice shelf the size of New York City "presumably had been there for thousands of years and it’s not ever going to be there again."
Seth Borenstein
Mar. 25, 2022, 02:02 PM EDT
An ice shelf the size of New York City has collapsed in East Antarctica, an area long thought to be stable and not hit much by climate change, concerned scientists said Friday.
The collapse, captured by satellite images, marked the first time in human history that the frigid region had an ice shelf collapse. It happened at the beginning of a freakish warm spell last week when temperatures soared more than 70 degrees (40 Celsius) warmer than normal in some spots of East Antarctica. Satellite photos show the area had been shrinking rapidly the last couple of years, and now scientists say they wonder if they have been overestimating East Antarctica’s stability and resistance to global warming that has been melting ice rapidly on the smaller western side and the vulnerable peninsula.
Not good, the sea level will rise over this, and not go back down.

:(

do any RWG care?
starvation for the peoples!!
no grains for the meat animals!!!
no food for the little peoples.

it is not future sci fi.
it. is. now.

https://news.yahoo.com/world-food-progr ... 18143.html
World Food Program chief: Ukraine war has damaged global food security, creating 'a catastrophe'
Catherine Garcia, Night editor
Tue, March 29, 2022,

The war in Ukraine is already having a devastating impact on hungry people around the world who rely on the country's wheat to survive, the executive director of the United Nations World Food Program said Tuesday.

While speaking to the UN Security Council, David Beasley declared that Russia's invasion of Ukraine has created "a catastrophe on top of a catastrophe," and with so many Ukrainian farmers joining the fight and leaving behind their crops, the world should brace for something "beyond anything we've seen since World War II."

Combined, Ukraine and Russia account for nearly 30 percent of global wheat exports, 20 percent of corn exports, and more than 80 percent of sunflower oil exports, Wired reports. With ports and shipping routes closed, corn that was harvested last fall in Ukraine can't go anywhere, and it's expected that when wheat is ready in July, there won't be enough labor to or fuel to run the combines.

do any RWG care?
starvation for the peoples!!
no grains for the meat animals!!!
no food for the little peoples.

it is not future sci fi.
it. is. now.

https://news.yahoo.com/world-food-progr ... 18143.html
World Food Program chief: Ukraine war has damaged global food security, creating 'a catastrophe'
Catherine Garcia, Night editor
Tue, March 29, 2022,

The war in Ukraine is already having a devastating impact on hungry people around the world who rely on the country's wheat to survive, the executive director of the United Nations World Food Program said Tuesday.

While speaking to the UN Security Council, David Beasley declared that Russia's invasion of Ukraine has created "a catastrophe on top of a catastrophe," and with so many Ukrainian farmers joining the fight and leaving behind their crops, the world should brace for something "beyond anything we've seen since World War II."

Combined, Ukraine and Russia account for nearly 30 percent of global wheat exports, 20 percent of corn exports, and more than 80 percent of sunflower oil exports, Wired reports. With ports and shipping routes closed, corn that was harvested last fall in Ukraine can't go anywhere, and it's expected that when wheat is ready in July, there won't be enough labor to or fuel to run the combines.

The USA can take up the slack. The problem is we have to get rid of programs that pay farmers not to grow crops
on their land. It's a policy I never fully understood.

The USA can take up the slack. The problem is we have to get rid of programs that pay farmers not to grow crops
Farm subsidies are not for the little guy, they're for industrial ag. These huge farms often grow no crops, collect subsidies, and then go buy all new John Deere farm equipment every 2 years. This keeps the money flowing through corporate America and away from those who need it. Look at the corn subsidy, corn is grown so we can have it in our gasoline (ethanol) which is harmful to engines) and our food (high-fructose corn syrup) which is harmful to our bodies. The corn subsidy does not produce corn for the people to eat.

The government pays farmers to participate in soil management. If farmers were true capitalists they would grow the crops with the highest payout per acre, much like they did before the dust bowl era. They'll deplete the soil to the point that nothing grows. Rotating crops and taking an occasional break (every four years?) Helps to protect the soil.

The government pays farmers to participate in soil management. If farmers were true capitalists they would grow the crops with the highest payout per acre, much like they did before the dust bowl era. They'll deplete the soil to the point that nothing grows. Rotating crops and taking an occasional break (every four years?) Helps to protect the soil.
I am familiar with this. My ancestors in GA. grew watermelons as a cash crop for many years. They required a lot of
nutrients. The way they offset it was to plant peas between the rows. The peas replaced the nutrients the melons
took. Soil management isn't the problem. Our ancestors knew how to handle it

I am familiar with this. My ancestors in GA. grew watermelons as a cash crop for many years. They required a lot of
nutrients. The way they offset it was to plant peas between the rows. The peas replaced the nutrients the melons
took. Soil management isn't the problem. Our ancestors knew how to handle it
The Native tribes taught settlers to pull weeds and place them between the rows of crops to provide nutrients. Yes, our ancestors and those on the land before Anglo-Saxon extermination knew how to work the land because they were OF the land.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom